By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer says OG Xbox Games on Xbone Could Happen

Tagged games:

generic-user-1 said:
this is such a joke... why wasnt it possible at start? they dont realy have to emulate alot. both are PCs with some costumparts, but there shouldnt be a problem for the xbone at all.

I assume this is irony because... seriously?

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
this is such a joke... why wasnt it possible at start? they dont realy have to emulate alot. both are PCs with some costumparts, but there shouldnt be a problem for the xbone at all.

I don't get it...why are you upset?

That would be amazing

jlmurph2 said:
generic-user-1 said:

they are so late with this... there shouldnt be any problem to emulate it. you can get windwos xp running on a oxbox..

Whoa this would be fantastic! Dreamfall: The Longest Journey BC and then bring Dreamfall: Chapters to X1 too... One can dream

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
generic-user-1 said:

People are upset because backwards compatibility would actually be a thing if they had launched with it. Microsoft is a company with thousands of highly skilled software developers and I assume that the Xbox One is 50+ times more powerful than the Xbox. Fully virtualizing the Xbox would be a trivial thing for a team of their engineers to do. But here we are years into this generation and only now are they thinking about BC.

When the Xbox 360 was having really good sales they all but abandoned any efforts for supporting BC on that console.

But now that they don't have such good sales they suddenly care about the customers again. That’s why some might see it as a joke, it’s simply a reaction to their loss in market-share.

How many titles would be compatible if they started years ago like they should have?

This also why you will not see BC on PS4, Sony will focus their efforts on developing new games for their console instead.

I'd certainly consider picking up an XB1 if this ends up happening.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Improving their product with adding a requested feature to improve sales, imagine that!

elektranine said:

But now that they don't have such good sales they suddenly care about the customers again. That’s why some might see it as a joke, it’s simply a reaction to their loss in market-share.

XB1 was always going to be backwards compatible. The magics only work when the stars align this november.

elektranine said:

How many titles would be compatible if they started years ago like they should have?

Same? It's all based on Publishers agreements afterall. If anything, it's about having the bigger library. Since indies apparently count now, MS published 3000 last gen and they hungry booooyyyyyy. They hungra.

elektranine said:

This also why you will not see BC on PS4, Sony will focus their efforts on developing new games for their console instead.

So sony doesn't care about their customers and this is why they're concentrating on new games like god of war 3 remasterd and uncharted remastered and heavy rain and beyond remasterd and tearaway remastered and flower remastered and the unfinished swan and the last of us remastered and you have to rent time on Playstation now WHILST BEING ALWAYS ONLINE to play games you paid for years ago.

Why would you say such a thing?

Wright said:
MoHasanie said:
More games would be nice but I don't think there is any Xbox game that I want to play again.

Not even Jet Set Radio Future?!

Never heard of it :S

NNID: FrequentFlyer54