By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Buying a PS4 in Netherlands/Europe (Asking for Advice)

Hello all,

In the near-ish future I am going to join the current gen and purchase a PS4, but I had a question or two as I am from Canada but recently moved to Holland.

Simply put my question is what would be the optimal route to purchasing a PS4 here? 

I'm not in a huge rush to get one, as I might wait for a new bundle I like or maybe the offchance of a price cut. So it's possible I may wait a few months and see how the upcoming game conferences shake down.

But when I do move forward, what retailers/sources should I keep an eye on? Right now I've just looked at Amazon.de and Media Markt who are offering prices in the  389 euro to 439 euro range depending on the bundle. Are there other places I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Around the Network

Does Amazon.nl not have gaming stuff? Anyway you can also check ebay, you can find new PS4s on there being sold by real shops (not private sellers) as well and you might be able to save a couple bucks.

But yeah if you're willing to wait I'd suggest to wait until PGW, I feel there'll be a price cut around that time.

You can also check other Amazons (.co.uk, .es, .it, .fr) prices can sometimes vary a lot and the shipping is inexpensive.

If u are near the border to BRD u can buy one from Saturn or media Markt there might be a special Promotion for the console or from gamestop
In Holland in media Markt or Saturn
Amazon Austria and amazon France italy and UK aswell for console and games

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

DerNebel said:
Does Amazon.nl not have gaming stuff? Anyway you can also check ebay, you can find new PS4s on there being sold by real shops (not private sellers) as well and you might be able to save a couple bucks.

But yeah if you're willing to wait I'd suggest to wait until PGW, I feel there'll be a price cut around that time.

Yeah Amazon.nl sells books only from what I can tell.

I'll give the ebay shops a look as well. thanks!

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
If u are near the border to BRD u can buy one from Saturn or media Markt there might be a special Promotion for the console or from gamestop

I'm in the southwest, closest to Belgium, about 2.5 hours from Germany. However I'll definitely be heading out that way at some point so maybe I can take a look at then.

thanks for the tips

Stats87 said:
asqarkabab said:

I'm in the southwest, closest to Belgium, about 2.5 hours from Germany. However I'll definitely be heading out that way at some point so maybe I can take a look at then.

thanks for the tips

Youre welcome mate ;)

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Stats87 said:

Hello all,

In the near-ish future I am going to join the current gen and purchase a PS4, but I had a question or two as I am from Canada but recently moved to Holland.

Simply put my question is what would be the optimal route to purchasing a PS4 here? 

I'm not in a huge rush to get one, as I might wait for a new bundle I like or maybe the offchance of a price cut. So it's possible I may wait a few months and see how the upcoming game conferences shake down.

But when I do move forward, what retailers/sources should I keep an eye on? Right now I've just looked at Amazon.de and Media Markt who are offering prices in the  389 euro to 439 euro range depending on the bundle. Are there other places I should be aware of?

Why the hell would you move to (my country)  holland?

Its falling apart and between now and 20 years will be a third world country.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Stats87 said:

Hello all,

Why the hell would you move to (my country)  holland?

Its falling apart and between now and 20 years will be a third world country.

Well that's a positive outlook, haha.

My girlfriend is Dutch and works for a multinational company and at present the office here, so I came back to Holland with her for now. We'll probably head back to Canada in 2-3  years since there is an office close to where I am from in Canada. (Vancouver)

Does that include higher shipping costs? for me in amazon.de ps4s cost 350€