By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts - week ending August 15th 2015

kurasakiichimaru said:
celador said:

I always thought the average drop was about 70-75% after the first week?

It is if we're talking CoD etc.

For a quiet chart such as this week, 71% is a big drop since the game probably sold just enough to overtake the top position last week.

CoD dopped is ~80%.

70% drop for a normal game is fine.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

It is if we're talking CoD etc.

For a quiet chart such as this week, 71% is a big drop since the game probably sold just enough to overtake the top position last week.

CoD dopped is ~80%.

That is false. Bloodborne had 55% drop for thr second week.BF4 had a 43% drop. 71% is not ideal for games that dodn't sell big during their first week. The drop should be about 50-60%.

kurasakiichimaru said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

CoD dopped is ~80%.

That is false. Bloodborne had 55% drop for thr second week.BF4 had a 43% drop. 71% is not ideal for games that dodn't sell big during their first week. The drop should be about 50-60%.

Pretty sure BF4 was a different situation since the X1 and PS4 version's released at a later date. And Bloodborne didn't release at #1. 71% is normal.

jlmurph2 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Pretty sure BF4 was a different situation since the X1 and PS4 version's released at a later date. And Bloodborne didn't release at #1. 71% is normal.

Untrue. Next gen is next gen. Last gen sales can stay dead for all I care.

71% drop off is not normal. Even for a game that is under £20 right now. Driveclub and The Order had much subtle drops despite the criticisms. Messy.

Considering RR probably didn't sell too much last week, a 71% drop is pretty bad.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
jlmurph2 said:

Untrue. Next gen is next gen. Last gen sales can stay dead for all I care.

71% drop off is not normal. Even for a game that is under £20 right now. Driveclub and The Order had much subtle drops despite the criticisms. Messy.

Not sure what that means.

Are there numbers for how much Rare Replay sold?

jlmurph2 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Games usually drop around 50% in the following week, like Bloodborne, Splatoon and even poor The Order, we all know its story.

Bloodborne was #1 on individual charts its 1st week, it just had to contend with BF Hardline in its 2nd week, a task never easy for an exclusive game against a multiplat with a strong brand.

71% is in no way normal, especially not for a game that is very inexpensive and launching in the middle of a complete release drought. I mean, not a single new entry this week, and still everybody avoided it enough to drop it below LEGO that also doesn't sell particularly well except on X360. 

celador said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Woah, 71% drop for Rare Replay seems really big. And Lego still having great legs is good!

I always thought the average drop was about 70-75% after the first week?

For a really big game 70% drop is OK. For a game that launches with moderate numbers 70% drop is a bit much and if it's to get a good LTD from legs it needs to drop by a lot less. I expect Rare Replay will be in the moderate sales area for first week.

Is LBP3 in the bargain bin for the first time?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Splatoon after 12 weeks is still in TOP 15! :D

Ryng_Tolu said:
Splatoon after 12 weeks is still in TOP 15! :D

I think that is to be expected, i mean its the last retail game that have come out on the Wii U.