By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Chinese Company is Crowfunding the Xbox One/PlayStation 4 Killer

To be fair the Chinese netizens have said this is a disgrace and there is a huge backlash against this because of how blatant the copy is.

Around the Network

This is weirder than the Polystation. Oh, the loopholes they go thru to avoid copyright issues.

For those interested: This is the chip featured in this console:

http://www.allwinnertech.com/en/clq/processora/A80.html

This hardware is rather dated already, the chip had already been used in some appliances in spring 2014, and the GPU part is from spring 2012. In other words, it will barely beat the OUYA in performance.

What's it's price in $/€ for the base model? (just curious)

OUYE hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaaaha...

Bofferbrauer said:

This hardware is rather dated already, the chip had already been used in some appliances in spring 2014, and the GPU part is from spring 2012. In other words, it will barely beat the OUYA in performance.

This should be a good bit more powerfull than the OUYA shouldnt it?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Bofferbrauer said:

This should be a good bit more powerfull than the OUYA shouldnt it?

From looking at those specs, Im thinking it could end up around somewhere around a Wii U level (depending on clock rates & ram speeds).

But probably wont.

Not at all

The CPU seems more powerful, but bear in Mind there will always only be 4 processors working at a time (ARMs big.LITTLE concept with 4 power cores and 4 energy saver cores). The CPU will be more powerful nontheless, but it's GPU ain't any more powerful than the one in the Tegra 3 used in the OUYA, limiting it's overall power

It will probably outsell the Vita and WiiU... hilarious

Damn thats alot weaker than I thought it would be..... the Ouye name seems fitting then.

I just assumed due to its size, that it would be clocked much higher than the Tablets that run the same chips, and thus might be a good bit more powerfull than that.

^ this had me thinking it might be abit stronger than a Ouya.

I can't find any bench results for G6230 GPU except Onda 989, but it seems it's slightly bellow nVidia Shield (1st one with Tegra 4).

If I understand correctly, for $69 you get one of these with controller.

It's literally a PS4 with Xbox controllers and menu screens! Does Copyright even exist in China at all?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.