By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Picked Up An XB1 Over The Weekend

Neodegenerate said:
Zappykins said:
Welcome to the team!

PS You may want to update the firmware on your controller. It might already be set, but you can connect it with a USB cord and go to settings to see if you need to update your controller.

If you turn it one and it only blinks once, and turns on very quickly, you might already be updated. And remember to calibrate your Kinect!

Have fun.

Fairly confident it blinks a few times before things load up.  I will have to check.  Thanks!

Ah, that sounds like the old system.  You get used to everything working so fast, that the few blinks the controller took to conect felt so long.  It was one of the things they changed due to customer feedback.

Made it better they did.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Nice, I can relate to alot of what you say.

And: Forza Horizon 2! If you have any interest in cars, racing, music or the south of France, you will love it.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

KiigelHeart said:
Am I the only one who actually likes the UI? 😋 I hope them make it run more fluid tho, sometimes it takes few seconds to load a new page when navigating.

I like how the UI 'looks', it's just the functionality isn't that great. Still usable though.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

pbroy said:
d21lewis said:
pbroy said:
This is my daily routine on Xbone. When I open the door when i get home, I say, "Xbone, On". I can tell it heard me when I hear its ON beep. It turns everything on and goes straight to TV. I walk to the entertainment room and I say, "Xbone, sign in, choose this person". Then I say, "Xbone, go home." Then I scroll to the right and see how I'm ranked in Achievements with other people. Then I go to Friends and spy on them. Then I say, "Xbone, go to twitch." Then see if any of the hotties I'm following is broadcasting. If no hotties are on, I say, "Xbone, watch H2". Maybe once a week I'll play some Forza Horizon 2

I'm going to need a list of said " hottie's" for my research.

Through blood sweat and tears, here is the list...

twitch

Adding them now.....

I would say getting an external HDD solves any install speed issues. I downloaded Dragon Age digitally through EA Access last week in under 2 hours (DA is over 40 GB) while it took me about 6 hours to download both AC games that came with the bundle on the Xbox hdd. Not sure how many GBS they are but probably at least 50 GB combined so it definitely increased the time install time significantly.

Though even the original HDD is faster for me than the PS4. It took me about 5 hours to download the Black Ops 3 beta yesterday which is ridiculous for only 12 GB. Next week on the X1 I'll probably download it in under an hour which is a significant difference. And Dying Light which was only 20 or so gGB took about 6 hours.

Everyone has the same issues with the UI. It's horrible, but they are updating in November and if you're in the preview program it'll be updated next month. The video of it looks great but I'll wait to see when it comes out.

Around the Network

Also I've seen some mentions of the controller and batteries. If you also have a PS4 you can just connect the PS4 charge cable to the X1 and controller. Or most any USB charge cable really. My Samsung Galaxy charge cable works also.

It won't charge the battery but the controller won't die (so if you have no batteries or don't mind playing with the cable connected it's an option)