By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Japan and Asia JRPG lover will going to embrace Scalebound with this character

Tagged games:

So what is your opinion?

I love Emo guy 4 12.50%

I love bald Caucasian guy 2 6.25%

I confuse with this is g... 16 50.00%

I want the MC to be half ... 10 31.25%

Total:32

Not waifu enough

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

But those element and gameplay clearly full of Eastern or i say Japanese oriented type of games (Drakengard, hack and Slash, Monster Hunter, Action JRPG)

You think so? it looked very ''Witcher-y'' to me for some reason, but again maybe its just Witcher is much more similar to Moster Hunter than i think - however i stand that i don't think it's aimed for the japanese market, very few games are nowadays, if your name is not Pokemon or Dragon Quest you're not really going for it lol, i just can't associate the gameplay i saw with ''this is what japan likes'' at least sales figures don't tell me that

Better question: Why is Scalebound suddenly a JRPG?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:

it's not but i already explained in the OP , well what i mean is japanese oriented game (hack and slash, Monter Hunter esque, Action RPG, Drag on Dragon , Panzer dragon Saga etc)

HollyGamer said:
fleischr said:

it's not but i already explained in the OP , well what i mean is japanese oriented game (hack and slash, Monter Hunter esque, Action RPG, Drag on Dragon , Panzer dragon Saga etc)

Hack'n slash is a western oriented genre.

Around the Network

He looks cooler than half of the FF designs I've seen so.

ednice said:
He looks cooler than half of the FF designs I've seen so.

Seriously?...

Teeqoz said:
HollyGamer said:
fleischr said:

hack and slash stylish games ? like devil may cry?

Mystro-Sama said:

Seriously?...

Yep I don't like Nomura's usual designs, they're too see through and it's easy to see the character trope.

Mr.Scalebound here is also a bit see through, but at least he looks cool.

HollyGamer said:
Teeqoz said:

hack and slash stylish games ? like devil may cry?

Like God of War, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry. All of those sell waaaaay more in the west.