By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate Microsoft's GamesCon conference

Did you like Micro's showing in GamesCon?

Yes 189 36.91%

No 118 23.05%

It was ok. 125 24.41%

You can't expect much fr... 37 7.23%

At least they had a GamesCon showing... ZING! 43 8.40%

Total:512

I liked the gameplay we saw.

Scalebound looked incredible
Halo 5 will be awesome
Crackdown was much better than I thought it would be
Homefront looked surprisingly good as well.

I disliked the indie talk, but a new point n click adventure by Ron Gilbert makes me happy.

Halo Wars 2 was a very big reveal and I loved the first one.
7.5/10

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

7/10 didn't disappoint but didn't blow my mind.

GamesCom is a fridge for e3 leftovers.

Faelco said:
I'm a Playstation player, so it's not weird that I didn't like that conference. Almost no new announcement, a lot of indies and Windows 10 talks, new footage for already known games, and the new gameplay shown (QB, Scalebound) didn't look that interesting.

We were talking in the past few days about "shots fired" and "shots left" for MS and Sony, and some people said that Microsoft would take advantage of Sony's absence to take some momentum at Gamescom. They didn't, and the only shot they fired is Halo Wars 2, so again a Halo (and available on W10?). It seems they lack resources and studios to provide the ammos, and give a great opportunity to Sony for their next conferences (PGW, TGS, PSX). One new game per conference would be a lot more that what we've seen today.

Well, when Halo wars 2 releases, the Xbox community will have grown to more than 100mn, so it would be idiotic to not release on both of their platforms :).

6.5, nothing really exciting in my opinion. If you think about it they showed the same games of E3 2014 with no surprises (except Halo Wars 2, not even an exclusive). At least they didn't show CGI trailers.

Around the Network

I had no idea it was today, I quickly looked up the Scalebound video when I saw it had ended.I'm probably not going to watch the show though considering Scalebound had always been the biggest reason for me to get an XB1.

6.5/10

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either apart from the good start.

I thought it was ok. Scalebound looks nice, but they need to unfuck the fps in that game. Many games have fps problems in their world premiere, but still turned out ok so I won't get too woried.

No score, but I am leaning more toward bad than good, but it's because of my personal taste (I don't like most of the games shown). The only two games I'm excited about are multiplats (Just Cause and Tomb Raider). TR is among Top 5 franchises for me, and I really do hope it will be more exploration than shown so far. Oh how I miss pre-reboot Lara, with puzzles, levers and platforms, with three wolves a dinosaur and two people to shoot in the entire game.

In the end, I am just happy no new moneyhat bombs were dropped, taking away another one of my beloved franchises (even if it's just for a little while) would have pissed me off beyond belief. Instead, it's a tranquil Tuesday evening...

I'm impressed because they actually showed games and gameplay. Not quite sure why some of that stuff couldn't be shown at E3, it was only like a month and a bit ago after all.

Hmm, pie.