By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you be upset if the Gamepad does not transition to the NX?

I would like them to keep the gamepad as an optional accessory but it won't make or break my purchasing decision

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

No, not at all. I want Nintendo to make a real gaming controller for the NX.

Nope. Love my Wii U, HATE the gamepad.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I don't mind the GamePad, especially after using it a lot with Splatoon, but it's not a controller I'm gonna cry over if it isn't compatible with the NX.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Keep it optional plz.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Nope. Love my Wii U, HATE the gamepad.

I feel kinda like this too, the only difference being that I actually enjoy the Gamepad, but I think it's too clunky and feels kinda cheap for something that can't be easily replaced if broken.

I'm gonna be royally pissed off if I can't use my Wii U GamePad for the NX internet browser.

(This post was typed on the Wii U GamePad, btw)

bet: lost

don't care, if they keep it, cool.
If they have a new controller, cool

it does not matter to me, i just want the games they will be making.

gamepad? I don't care. Wiimote? I can't imagine playing pikmin or metroid prime without it.

Nope. I like the Wii U but don't like the Gamepad.