By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad things happening at Konami - Nikkei report

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

In any western company, the relocated people would have been fired on the spot with any market shift.

And those lunch and camera's uses are normal. I work on a Service Desk and have exactly 30 minutes for lunch each day. And there are also camera's to monitor the entrance.

Konami is moving to Mobile outside that they don't do anything else then most companies. Even going Mobile is normal for Japanese gaming companies :p.

Not really because in the UK Konami would actually be facing legal action against them with some of those practices, constantly monitoring worker movements is illegal over here under most circumstances, you have to fully inform the staff and they have to agree to be ok with constant surveillance being utilized otherwise it can only be used for security like protecting the premises or on site assets and safety reasons like if a fire breaks out and someone is unaccounted for.

Using the cameras to follow worker Andy's movements when he goes to use the loo or Susan when she goes to to get a drink can actually net a company a lot of trouble over here.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
PenguinZ said:

Define bad? I see one bad thing on that summary list and it's the last bullet point. 

You don't think the rest are bad? Would you like to work is such an environment. 

Many work environments have most if not all of those elements in the work place at some point. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Are the cameras present for security purposes or is Konami simply playing Big Brother???

Have a nice day...

So Konami has officially become the Walmart of game developers.....sad.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Ooooh gurl, sounds like prison with no food.

Around the Network
leedlelee said:
Are the cameras present for security purposes or is Konami simply playing Big Brother???

When you work at a company there is no way to distinguish that. More likely than not, its both.

Does not suprise and not just because Konami. Unfortunately these methods are pretty common. I've seen and heard enough of this unfair shit for a lifetime already and I believe it is a global thing.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Konami doesn't care about anything anymore.

Hey guys, I'm all for jumping on the "fuck Konami" bandwagon, but most of that stuff sounds really normal.

• Computers have no internet access

So the devs can only use them for work-related things... okay? What's wrong with that?

• Employees have to clock out for lunch, are punished for being late

This is the most normal thing ever. Publicly (within the company) revealing the names of those who are late as some kind of shaming is a bit odd but not exactly uncalled for. Hey there's an easy way to avoid that, get your ass back to work on time like you're being paid to do.

• Cameras in corridors

Lots of companies use cameras to monitor their employees, especially companies with valuable equipment in the work environment. I don't exactly know what putting them in corridors tells Konami, but it sounds really inoffensive to me.

• Randomized email addresses

So? Why is this a problem?

• Konami monitors Facebook

Are we really still surprised in 2015 that people can't talk openly about their employers on social media? This issue is so 2011.

The direction of Konami (leaning more towards mobile games) and the budget of MGSV have nothing to do with the rest of it, so the only thing that stands out as weird is just randomly assigning developers to cleaning duty. Everything else is completely regular.

Ruler said:
i think we also partly to be blamed, if we dont buy their games thats what can happening

What worthwile games has Konami published lately?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---