By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Teases Nintendo's "Big" Holiday Game Will Be Revealed At E3

Personally I think its Animal Crossing

----------------------------------------------------- 

here's the  Video of interview

Around the Network

i can't wait until e3 its going to be amazing i can't wait...

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Give me moar!

Pilotwings, F-zero and hopefully something completely new.

There are a plethora of possibilities. A thousand AAA chances. Personally, I agree that Animal Crossing Wii will be one of the announcements, and I think it'll be the biggest one.

I also think they'll announce two new IPs and one or two other classic franchises that'll make a comeback this year.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I'd be happy with a new Donkey Kong Country!

My guess would be Animal Crossing or a new Zelda game.

If you look at Nintendo's May --> December lineup, it's pretty weak. It makes no sense at all for them to then release two of their 3 biggest franchises in March and April. They HAVE to have something huge coming, or they would have held off Mario Kart for another couple of months. I could be wrong, but I don't think Animal Crossing, FZero or Star Fox fits that bill.

What's that leave?

Bringing back an old franchise would be interesting, but Donkey Kong seems to be the only sure fire hit. Pilot Wings or Icarus would be bigger gambles, and I don't think would be "must haves" for gamers.

Pokemon, Zelda and Mario? Could be. Zelda'd be the most likely as Mario just had his release, and Pokemon is only "must have" on hand helds.

Nintendogs? Could be massive, but very much a casual thing, and I don't think that's the type of "gamer" Reggie meant.

Could be something totally new, in which case it would have to be truly awesome.

Did you guys know that this is talked about in the Wii-k-n review or whatever last week?

The new secret game they are screening soon:

Bozon said:

The Wii's 08 game lineup is looking very bright, that's all I can say.

If Bozon said that, it's gotta be good. He is usually talking about how mediocre the 08 lineup is, but if he said that, then its a game he's frothing over.

I think Pikmin 3, tbh. They are Pikmin lovers over there, but it could be something from a 3rd party they were talking about. Go check out that podcast, and just skip past all the Mario Kart hate.

They said in 08:

Icarus: Yes

Pikmin: Yes

Fzero: No

Pilot Wings: In Some Form(wtf?)

...and one other game I can't remember.

Anyway, pretty exciting time for Wii fans, got some cool unknowns coming up at E3, that's for sure. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

We know Animal Crossing is a given, Kirby too as both have been confirmed already. Disaster Day of Destruction is also due before years end. Wii Music and Fatal Frame as well. That's 5 games already and they don't generally release more than one a month. June to Dec is 7 so that leaves 2-3 others.

Other new news likely: Donkey Kong Country would be huge. Pikmin very possible. So I'll go with those.
Plus a new Wii game like Wii Fit but different. Likely A Brain Age for Wii too. (Okay so that's 4, likely one would get postponed until 09)