By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
Chris Hu said:
Arkaign said:
Chris Hu said:
Even though I picked KC, Denver winning still helps me in the long run since I picked them to win the division even though I wouldn't mind if the Chargers actually would end up winning it.

If it's any help, the Denver D completely bailed the offense out. 5 turnovers, and they WORKED for them. That was a stellar defensive effort tonight despite the points.

I watched half the game their D is a lot better then it was last year their offense not so much.  I'm sure they are missing Wes Welker a bit I'm surprised no other team picked him up either.

Agreed on both.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Arkaign said:

If it's any help, the Denver D completely bailed the offense out. 5 turnovers, and they WORKED for them. That was a stellar defensive effort tonight despite the points.

I watched half the game their D is a lot better then it was last year their offense not so much.  I'm sure they are missing Wes Welker a bit I'm surprised no other team picked him up either.

Uhhhh... Wes Welker got his 6th concussion early last year. He missed several games then after he came back he was never the same again. He had a very small influence on the Broncos season last year your post is pretty ignorant... 

Von Miller throws 260 lb man

Edit: This lisk is more direct. https://vine.co/v/eUpqIHF9ia9

The offense looks so much better when they run Peyton's offense. It really seems like they should go with that and not this Kubiak stuff. The defense is SOOOOO much better than it has been during Peyton's time with the Broncos... even just a safe offense is more than enough to win a championship paired with that defense. Peyton's offense is great.

He just looks so uncomfortable and shitty under center. However, one thing to remember is they are yet to get the run game going, which is a huuuuuge component to the Shanahan/Kubiak offense. It's just two polar opposites. Kubes wants the QB under center, Peyton shreds defenses from the shotgun. Even the pass protection got a lot better when they started running no huddle and let Peyton sling it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
The offense looks so much better when they run Peyton's offense. It really seems like they should go with that and not this Kubiak stuff. The defense is SOOOOO much better than it has been during Peyton's time with the Broncos... even just a safe offense is more than enough to win a championship paired with that defense. Peyton's offense is great.

He just looks so uncomfortable and shitty under center. However, one thing to remember is they are yet to get the run game going, which is a huuuuuge component to the Shanahan/Kubiak offense. It's just two polar opposites. Kubes wants the QB under center, Peyton shreds defenses from the shotgun. Even the pass protection got a lot better when they started running no huddle and let Peyton sling it.

I noticed and pointed out the exact same thing to some of my friends. Peyton is better when being Peyton. He looks uncomfortable taking offensive orders from a Kubiak driven OC. I don't like Manning all that much, but the guy has been running his own offense for like 15 years, why change that? Highest scoring and best offenses many times when he was calling the shots and getting to do his thing, paired with this defense, this team is a bit scarier than I thought they were.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

^^ True. Hahah, it's super pronounced too. All the sports media and anyone with eyeballs could see Peyton + Kubiak under-center = kryptonite for Peyton.

I felt a similar way watching Eli Manning forced to do McDoodoo's offensive up in NY last year into this year. It is an offense with a completely different rhythm to it.

While I agree Peyton looked "better" from the shotgun, I don't think he looked "good," let alone great. Even some of his big successes were nearly thrown behind the receiver, and not from necessity. I think he made a total of two throws which I would say were good. He also should have been picked off two or three times.

In the end, I picked Denver because I really like their offense, and figured three days wouldn't be enough for the Chefs to outscheme it. While Manning isn't garbage, I am so far unimpressed with him. More importantly, the Denver running game is nowhere near as good as I thought it would be!

The run games lack of success is not surprising when you consider the struggles of the passing game. Plus people forget this offensive line never played a snap together until week one. Ravens have a great run defense. I think a game like this will definitely help the run game as Peyton proved that no, he is not washed up and yes, he can still shit all over a good passing defense.

It's not just Peypey that looks exceptionally better in shotgun, even the run game benefits greatly, averaging almost a yard per carry higher so far this year shotgun vs under center. It's because teams fear the pass. Put that same 3WR/1TE/1RB or 2WR/2TE/1RB personnel on the field with him under center and the defense changes coverage and pressure. He just does not look comfortable at all under center.

A lot of that is terrible line play, which will get better as time goes on. But I am happy they have struggled mightily on offense yet still won two very tough games against two good opponents. Bodes well for potential success when firing on all cylinders.

ljigga said:
RolStoppable said:
DEN-KC 1 HOU-CAR 1 SF-PIT 2 TB-NO 2
DET-MIN 1 ARI-CHI 1 NE-BUF 1 SD-CIN 1
TEN-CLE 1 ATL-NYG 1 STL-WAS 1 MIA-JAC 1
BAL-OAK 1 DAL-PHI 2 SEA-GB 2 NYJ-IND 2 by 10

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

DEN-KC 1 HOU-CAR 1 SF-PIT 2 TB-NO 2
DET-MIN 1 ARI-CHI 1 NE-BUF 2 SD-CIN 1
TEN-CLE 1 ATL-NYG 2 STL-WAS 1 MIA-JAC 1
BAL-OAK 1 DAL-PHI 1 SEA-GB 1 NYJ-IND 1 by 3

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!