By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

Bengals gonna bungle.

MTZehvor said:
noname2200 said:
Over/Under on fan stabbings?

For a crowd that cheered Ben Roethlisberger getting hurt?

15?

I don't think the crowd was really cheering for Ben getting hurt, or at least not directly.  It seemed more frustration because that steeler drive began from a questionable no call off of a blatant helmet-to-helmet hit that, to add insult to injury, went to review and became a turnover.  Had it not been for that whole series of events I doubt they'd have cheered Roethlisberger getting taken out, I could be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling on the situation.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
I still can't even comprehend what I just watched. I didn't think I'd see a sillier ending to an NFL game than that first Baltimore-Pittsburgh game this year, but man I was wrong.

Normally I feel bad for Cincinnati after Wild Card Weekend, but I can't even muster that this time. How on Earth do you have that little self control?

Well they still have Pacman Jones on the roster, so reap sow yadda yadda yadda.

Bengals accidentally took the lead when they weren't supposed too, so they had to draw some penalties to give the steelers the win to make up for their mistake...

cheshirescat said:

Bengals gonna bungle.

I don't think the crowd was really cheering for Ben getting hurt, or at least not directly.  It seemed more frustration because that steeler drive began from a questionable no call off of a blatant helmet-to-helmet hit that, to add insult to injury, went to review and became a turnover.  Had it not been for that whole series of events I doubt they'd have cheered Roethlisberger getting taken out, I could be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling on the situation.

Either way, they were very clearly cheering an injury. Now don't get me wrong, I'm normally not repulsed by cheering for bad things happening to folks who engage in sexual assault scots-free. Buuuuuuuuut it's still not a good look here.

cheshirescat said:

Bengals gonna bungle.

MTZehvor said:
noname2200 said:

15?

Dude they were throwing garbage at him as he was getting carted off the field.

Around the Network

And now for some much needed levity:

Anyone else catch the Ryan Mallet tweet? "Well, @HoustonTexans this is what happens when you get rid of your best QB. Oh well. I've moved on. Baltimore is a great organization."

Adam Jones, of course, took full responsibility after the game like any self aware human being would.

EDIT: Well, looks like he actually gained some semblance of awareness and deleted the video. Still this is the internet, where nothing is ever gone forever, so....

Holy crap, I know I sent the picks, but after seeing that post went to look for it and it's not there, like it never existed. I wonder if I could dig through firefox history and find the data for that post. What the hell lol. I guess there's no point in resending after dropping two games. Fwiw I had 31-21 Chiefs and 24-21 Steelers. Apparently I gave waaaaaaay too much credit to the Texans lol.

MTZehvor said:
cheshirescat said:

Bengals gonna bungle.

MTZehvor said:
noname2200 said:

15?

Dude they were throwing garbage at him as he was getting carted off the field.

And I still contend that if that precise sequence of events hadn't transpired the crowd wouldn't have reacted that way, at least not to that extent.  It's not like Roethlisberger was injured a quarter or two later giving the fans time to calm down, it happened the very next play after all that while tensions in the stand were still high.  Really, I'm not excusing the behavior, just trying to add the proper context.

Just going to leave this right here.