By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
Arkaign said:
JWeinCom said:
Beckam should have been ejected. Taking a swing and getting his hand inside another player's face mask? Combine this with his little punt against the Jets, and you're getting a pattern.

It normally takes a lot for me to think ejection should be the solution, but Beckham's deliberate helmet to the side of the head of Norman should have resulted in an ejection and suspension for the rest of the season. It's exactly the kind of hit that is intended to do harm, and can result in career-ending injuries or life-changing brain damage. The NFL is run by weaklings, but at least we can hope the fine is massive.

Edit : for those who missed it, found it here

https://vine.co/v/iKrtDwWZbKE

Wow.  I didn't even even see that one.

Around the Network

I believe in The Pitt!

RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:
...why, Pittsburgh?

Why?

It's a nefarious plan. Give Brockweiler another chance to lose the game and thus make Peyton Manning return for the playoffs. Easy postseason win.

I could believe that.

Looks like Brock was fine and indeed it didn't matter, or did it?

Farsala said:

Looks like Brock was fine and indeed it didn't matter, or did it?

It made a pretty big difference. If they'd had Pay-Pay, the game would have been very different.

Presumably, by being less of a game, but still.

Around the Network

gg Philly.

Well, more like tg, but still.

Miguel_Zorro said:
RolStoppable said:
The Jaguars are a really crappy team. To have a playoff chance like this year and to throw it away like that: They went 1-3 in games against the Chargers, Titans, Colts and Falcons.

The Bills are embarrassing. You should feel ashamed, Miguel_Zorro. You too, zuvuyeay.

Definitely another mediocre year from the Bills.  

Anybody can cheer for a team that hits 10+ wins every season and occasionally wins a Super Bowl.  It takes a real fan to cheer for the Biils.

To be honest, there's almost a sense of pity that I've had towards the fans of Rex Ryan's teams for the past 4 years now. Never towards him, mind, but just for the fans that have to suffer through having their team coached by him.

If you gave Rex ten more seasons as coach, be it in the AFC East or elsewhere, I don't believe he would ever win a division title (unless he wound up in something like this year's AFC South). His teams can string together a couple games of impressive performances, even in the post season, but he can't consistently put together enough wins to compete for a division crown. His teams seem almost allergic to their own longterm success, and completely fall apart when Rex stops being able to back up his talk.

I am curious, though. As a Bills fan, if you could somehow fire Rex without contract issues, would you do so?

The Jets looked like a bigger train wreck in the pre season.  But both teams will miss the playoffs even if the Jets win all their remaing games they will need some help from other teams to make it to the post season.

True but nothing major is going to happen anytime soon.  There might be a minor tweak once they figure out which team/teams moves back to LA.

Patriots signed Steven Jackson to a 1yr Deal