By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

I'm too scared to check my picks. I suspect I'm at least close to .500, but I don't anticipate jumping the ranks anytime soon. I feel like most AFC teams right now: fighting off fellow mediocrities to somehow claw my way into an undeserved wild card spot.

Around the Network

This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone here think that the Panthers can have a perfect season this year? I think with their future schedule, it's a certain possibility.

Only been lurking in this thread the whole time, but wondered what you guys think about this, its been on my mind a while.

AllThosePixels said:
This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone here think that the Panthers can have a perfect season this year? I think with their future schedule, it's a certain possibility.

Only been lurking in this thread the whole time, but wondered what you guys think about this, its been on my mind a while.

Can? Certainly, especially when the toughest game on their schedule is a team that just got blown out by the Redskins.

Will they? I'd lean towards no, but with the way the NFL's been going this season, I certainly wouldn't bet against them. Here's another question, though. What are the odds that the Panthers could enter the Super Bowl undefeated...as the underdogs? If the Patriots get Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola back in time for the playoffs, go 14-2 or 15-1, and win the AFC, I wouldn't be surprised.

RolStoppable said:
AllThosePixels said:

@NO, vs. ATL, @NYG, @ATL, vs. TB. All winnable games.

The question is if the Panthers will care or if they would rather rest their starters. Considering that Arizona is at 9-2, Carolina can afford to lose a game and still claim the 1st seed. I think the Panthers will definitely reach 13-0, but that's usually the point where undefeated teams become vulnerable because they take winning for granted, hence why it has been so rare that a team won all of its regular season games. The Giants can beat anyone in the league, they have days like that. The Falcons have the QB and WRs to do damage. The Buccaneers aren't taken seriously.

I think the Panthers will finish 15-1, but I obviously won't be surprised if they manage 16-0. My pick for the perfect season killer are the Giants.

EDIT: About this week's MNF, the Ravens will start Matt Schaub at QB. Surprised that that guy still has a job in the NFL, because his arm has become worthless. If the Browns can't win this game, they should be removed from the league.

This is what I think could be their only downfall. After so many wins I think they are probably really cocky with a "we're the best" kind of attitude, especially now they're the only undefeated team.

About the Browns, I agree. They really have just done a poor job for the past several years. Quite a few years they've gone 4-12, and in the past 10 years their best season was 2007 was 10-6, and their only time above .500.

RolStoppable said:

You are 8-7 so far, and the way you are trending, it's more likely that you join the ranks of the lost causes rather than the people who will still have realistic chances to make the playoffs at the start of week 17.

So more Jaguars than Chiefs then. Well, at least I won't have anything at stake come January!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

So more Jaguars than Chiefs then. Well, at least I won't have anything at stake come January!

How about your honor?

The Browns are busy digging themselves a hole...

I bought a Wii U; I threw my honor away a long time ago.

And yes, the Browns are somehow looking worse than the Ravens. While I doubt it would be any better with Manziel, I have to imagine that swig of booze during his off time was more costly to the team than to Manziel himself.

On the flipside, McCown is "gaining his rhythm," which is to say he's somehow squeezing three yard completions past the dreaded Ravens secondary. They might even hit double digits this game!

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
On the flipside, McCown is "gaining his rhythm," which is to say he's somehow squeezing three yard completions past the dreaded Ravens secondary. They might even hit double digits this game!

Stop trolling. McCown has been like 11/12 on the last two drives for over 100 yards. And the way he extended the last play and threw a TD pass was splendid.

If it weren't for that stupid punt return TD, the game would be tied at 10 now. Fingers crossed that Schaub throws his obligatory pick six soon. You know, he holds the NFL record for the longest streak of games with at least one pick six (I think he managed six consecutive games).

Only four for Schaub, I believe, although his replacement kept The Streak going.

And it's not trolling to point out that McCown is going up against a depleted, defeated, and oft-defeeted Ravens defense.

RolStoppable said:

Give credit where credit is due. The Browns are a good football team.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

No.

You bastard.

NFL record for the Browns. Their kicker made 18 straight field goals to start his career.

Okay, I do concede that the Browns are high on the list of Moral Victors and Consolation Prizes. They will forever remain a Factory of Sadness, though.