By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Batman bundle is out of stock. New 1200 model is there. Was wondering why the PS4 was going down.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network

PS4 MGS V #4 finally in the top 5.

Pionner said:
Batman bundle is out of stock. New 1200 model is there. Was wondering why the PS4 was going down.

Yup same thing that happened with MCC bundle went out of stock August on 13th from #16 and shot down into the 60's. Looking at it both the X1 MCC and Batman bundle are listed on Amazon to be back in stock on 30th August  / 1st September. Amazon seems to be having a little problem with console stock this month.

Wow! the metacritic effect. Until Dawn has rocketed into the top 10. Seems like people were expecting low 70/high 60 for this game and with it getting oh so close to an 80 people are jumping at it.

No hardware in the top 30 at the moment.

I also forgot the Metacritic effect for MGSV. It's at number 2, and there's still a week to go before it comes out. Nicely done!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GribbleGrunger said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
highest X1 in the hourly is 70 WTH whats going on with the plummet? Is this a similar trend to last year? I agree with Gribble, gonna be a large gap for this month.

I think the weight of 'actual' games is starting to wake people up. It's all well and good pretending the end of the year is the most important time for games, but then when a friend who either owns an XB1 or is on the market for a console visits their friend with a PS4 and plays Volume, Journey, Galax-Z, Rocket League, and is then told about Until Dawn, it MUST eventually take its toll. The reality (and it HAS been a reality for a while now) is that people with XB1s have only had multiplats to play (apart from Ori and The Rare collection), while PS4 owners have had the best versions of multiplats AND a slew of exclusives, including 5 AAA games once Until Dawn releases. The internet does NOT represent the reality, 25m sales of the PS4 does.

This is the point that I be making.Halo already has its fanbase and won't grow the X1 overrall fanbase anyway.Everyone buying an X1 so far are fans of Halo or Gears already.They have nothing new that brings in a larger demographic of gamers and have reached their peak in the U.S.Most sales outside of the fall will come from further price cuts.

Around the Network
Abun said:
GribbleGrunger said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
highest X1 in the hourly is 70 WTH whats going on with the plummet? Is this a similar trend to last year? I agree with Gribble, gonna be a large gap for this month.

I think the weight of 'actual' games is starting to wake people up. It's all well and good pretending the end of the year is the most important time for games, but then when a friend who either owns an XB1 or is on the market for a console visits their friend with a PS4 and plays Volume, Journey, Galax-Z, Rocket League, and is then told about Until Dawn, it MUST eventually take its toll. The reality (and it HAS been a reality for a while now) is that people with XB1s have only had multiplats to play (apart from Ori and The Rare collection), while PS4 owners have had the best versions of multiplats AND a slew of exclusives, including 5 AAA games once Until Dawn releases. The internet does NOT represent the reality, 25m sales of the PS4 does.

This is the point that I be making.Halo already has its fanbase and won't grow the X1 overrall fanbase anyway.Everyone buying an X1 so far are fans of Halo or Gears already.They have nothing new that brings in a larger demographic of gamers and have reached their peak in the U.S.Most sales outside of the fall will come from further price cuts.

You saw that last gen in the USA. Despite 360 nearly tripling it's install base the Halo franchise remained pretty flat in the USA, it's major expansion happened in Europe, which is not going to happen this time around. Basically the Halo franchise is good to guarantee US LT Xb one sales of about 15 million. To get substantially beyond that Xb one needs games that appeal to a different (non-shooter) audience. Xb one is already more or less guaranteed to get past 15 million LT so the further expansion of its install base does not depend on how well Halo does.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Abun said:
GribbleGrunger said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

You saw that last gen in the USA. Despite 360 nearly tripling it's install base the Halo franchise remained pretty flat in the USA, it's major expansion happened in Europe, which is not going to happen this time around. Basically the Halo franchise is good to guarantee US LT Xb one sales of about 15 million. To get substantially beyond that Xb one needs games that appeal to a different (non-shooter) audience. Xb one is already more or less guaranteed to get past 15 million LT so the further expansion of its install base does not depend on how well Halo does.

It will sell atleast 30 million in the US

jason1637 said:
binary solo said:

It will sell atleast 30 million in the US

I'm thinking more like at most 30 million. But yes something around that is possible. Just not on the back of Halo.

Jimi Hendrix

TLOU+Madden bundle for PS4. But in this case Amazon isn't giving the game away for free, not even giving a discount for the game.

Currently at #62,226 in Video Games. Who knew they even had that many items in video games? Looks like Sony is on to a winner there

Price: $459.87 Free Shipping for Prime Members  
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Jimi Hendrix

Holy shit,until dawn at nr7 higher than gears!!!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil