By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

binary solo said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Ok, i recently see some Zhuge write on twitter, and he said the pre orders for Black Ops III hare bigger than Advanced Warfare... so, yeah...
Of course i'm not god and some times i'm wrong, i accept the crow. :P
That said, the game is still not out, so, we will see. But i rise my PS4 and XB1 prediction.

It's probably not surprising. Black Ops is a known sub-franchise for the CoD brand, so it should be expected that it will get better early interest than AW. The big question will be if there's growth or reduction relative to Blops II. That's your benchmark for CoD health.

Damn, is the highest XB one sku on the hourlies really the MCC bundle at #52? That's crazy. Has MS trained people to wait for specials, and so without a special the level of sales plummets? Is the Madden bundle already shipping, with the download only fully unlocking on release day? I assume the Early Access content can be accessed now right? If the Madden bundle is already shipping it's not performing all that well. And PS4 version of Madden is ahead of Xb one version.

Next monthly update PS4 Batman bundle will be ahead of Halo 5 bundle.  Are people surprised at that? Probably not, I imagine it's expected for future release bundles to shoot up the charts then fall back quite a bit once the early pre-order craze is over. Since LE bundle is coming with a digital code rather than the physical game, would it be smart of MS to actually start shipping the bundle before Halo 5 releases, as soon as the game has gone gold? It is the one advantage of having a bundle with a digital code rather thanthe physical game.

MCC bundle been out of stock since 13th and stock due date keeps getting pushed back its at due on 27th August now, also as I said earlier thje 1TB MCC bundle was out of stock twice this month also for a few days at a time. Even thoughn there is marketplace sellers this can really affect sales. No doubt some poeple will of been waiting for Madden or Gears bundle but the MCC bundle was up at #16 in the hourly and #15 monthly before it went out of stock and dropped alot since. 2 weeks out of stock on whats been the main bundle is a long time,

Around the Network

#10: PS4 Batman Bundle
#55: XB1 Masterchief Collection
#70: XB1 Madden Bundle
#88: XB1 Masterchief Collection 1TB
#89: XB1 Standard edition

No matter how many choices MS offer, it doesn't seem to be having an effect on the PS4. August is definitely in the bag and now I'm really beginning to wonder about the rest of the year.

The PS5 Exists. 

In the hourly, all XBO bundle are down. That's pretty bad, i expect more for the Bone this month. Let's see if the think change those other 10 days...

BraLoD said:
We need MGS in the top 5 soon.

Once the BO 3 beta is finished i'm sure it'll get up there. 

Halo 5 bundle now out of the top 100.

Around the Network
celador said:

The hype is real 

Sh1nn said:
celador said:

The hype is real 

So basically just the peopel who were waiting to get a x1 for H5 got the humble and now its fizzling out

If Amazon is any kind of indicator of relative sales, not just which console is ahead for the month, I think this is a worry for MS. They're throwing so much into the USA and they are coming up short for too many months.

I think we can say Until Dawn will do OK, but I don't think it will do anything special unless it earns an unexpectedly high metacscore (88+). I don't see that happening.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I don´t think Until Down will do well. It´s doing worse than Gears of War Remaster, which I don´t think will do well either. IIRC God of War 3 Remaster was in the 20s by launch too and did poorly on npd.

As for the xbone hardware seems to be performing very poorly, maybe because they have so many skus right now. I thought that August would be a clear win for microsoft mostly because of the bundles but now I´m not so sure.
PS4 seems to be fine.

binary solo said:
If Amazon is any kind of indicator of relative sales, not just which console is ahead for the month, I think this is a worry for MS. They're throwing so much into the USA and they are coming up short for too many months.

I think we can say Until Dawn will do OK, but I don't think it will do anything special unless it earns an unexpectedly high metacscore (88+). I don't see that happening.

It isn't looking at all how I expected it to look. Halo was being touted as the 'big game' that would push hardware (myself included) and yet here we are already with no Halo bundle in the top 100 and the gap between the PS4 and the XB1 bigger than I've seen it for a long time.

#12: PS4 Batman bundle
#52: PS4 Destiny bundle (no effect this month)
#58: XB1 Master Chief Bundle
#59: PS4 Fool's Edition
#64: XB1 Standard
#65: XB1 1TB Madden Bundle
#78: XB1 1TB Master Chief Bundle

When was the last time the gap was 46 places and the PS4 Fool's Edition was ahead of THREE XB1 SKUs?

The PS5 Exists.