By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [Rumor/leak] PlayStation Plus: Vote to Play - Vote what you want to play with PS+

Burek said:
I think we will never see a AAA game offered in PS+ now, basically now you have to rely on other people voting on one of three mediocre indies.
I shudder to think what would have happened if Rocket League were up to the vote...

and i hope we never do see another AAA game offered.

getting a $20 title free at launch is worth a lot more than getting a AAA title 2 years later after its price has been reduced to $20 and anyone that ever wanted to play that game already did.  the AAA phase of ps+ on ps3 was the worse period ever for ps+.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Burek said:
I think we will never see a AAA game offered in PS+ now, basically now you have to rely on other people voting on one of three mediocre indies.
I shudder to think what would have happened if Rocket League were up to the vote...

getting a $20 title free at launch is worth a lot more than getting a AAA title 2 years later after its price has been reduced to $20 and anyone that ever wanted to play that game already did.  the AAA phase of ps+ on ps3 was the worse period ever for ps+.

Yes, it was terrible when people were getting Borderlands, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Batman etc. Surely people would more enjoy some cheap 8-bit crap than some of the best games ever made...

Burek said:
kitler53 said:
Burek said:

Yes, it was terrible when people were getting an already purchased game, an already purchased game, an already purchased game, an already purchased game etc.

see, now you get it.

Burek said:

We have God of War: Ascension next month.

3 Indie games...

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Burek said:

Yes, it was terrible when people were getting an already purchased game, an already purchased game, an already purchased game, an already purchased game etc.

see, now you get it.

Yes, because obviously you are the only person that matters.

As good as this idea sounds I think its bad since we will just end up with the bigger popular titles and shed less light on smaller/niche titles that people will grow to love and would never of got into without PS+

Having a vote seems weird as I would assume deals have to be drawn up and companies compensated for the games being on plus and you can't do that unless they know which games they are offering.

The only reason I can see them properly introducing this is to keep it to indie games because they are about to start doing full AAA releases soon. We won't get 6 games a month, we'll get 4, 1 AAA an indie or 2 that work on PS4 and Vita and a PS3 game (which I give another year before they stop doing it for PS3 at all).

Hmm, pie.

Burek said:

than some of the best games ever made...

That's usually what I do to with my favorite games of all time, I wait till they're cheap as a burger and only buy them then. Meanwhile, I buy the other average and crappy games at full price.