By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Half-Life 1 is AMAZING

LunarFlame17 said:
Now, I wholeheartedly agree that Half-Life 2 is the greatest game ever, but frankly I think the first game royally sucks. I've tried to play it several times, and every time I come to that same conclusion. I'm not sure what it is about the game, but I have to honestly say that Half-Life is one of the worst games I've ever played.

While I obviously disagree with you, I do understand where you're coming from.

Half-Life 1 isn't particulary pretty, varied or innovative. It has lots of frustrating moments, like bad platforming bits and spotty balance (numerous healths packs lying around in one place, but not one of them before a big fight).

Frankly, when it comes to pure gameplay and graphics, the game is average. But there is something about the game that makes it brilliant, but just for those that "get" it. When there's no click, it's not that difficult to dislike the game.

All in my opinion, of course.

Around the Network

Half life does kick ass

LunarFlame17 said:
Now, I wholeheartedly agree that Half-Life 2 is the greatest game ever, but frankly I think the first game royally sucks. I've tried to play it several times, and every time I come to that same conclusion. I'm not sure what it is about the game, but I have to honestly say that Half-Life is one of the worst games I've ever played.

You're insane. Half-Life may or may not be THE best... but it absolutely is one of the bet first-person shooters ever made.

Chrizum said:
LunarFlame17 said:

While I obviously disagree with you, I do understand where you're coming from.

Half-Life 1 isn't particulary pretty, varied or innovative. It has lots of frustrating moments, like bad platforming bits and spotty balance (numerous healths packs lying around in one place, but not one of them before a big fight).

Frankly, when it comes to pure gameplay and graphics, the game is average. But there is something about the game that makes it brilliant, but just for those that "get" it. When there's no click, it's not that difficult to dislike the game.

All in my opinion, of course.

For it's time this game was the best. 

selnor said:
Neos said:
Half-life is the best shooter/fps ever created!

i cannot wait for HL2 ep3!!

Well I agree it's good. But HL2 has some tedious chorey bits in it. Like the whole Church yard bit, and rooftop. Should have cut that out. Not sure bout best ever.

They should of cut out alot more, the game is just really boring for most part.  I think they could of cut the game in half and still have got everything in it.  Moving boards so you can stand on them to get across area's is just retarded, i want to play a game, not make a level.

Around the Network

It's definately a KZ2/Haze killer. Can't wait till it comes out on the PS3

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Um doesn't the orange box have hl2.

sc94597 said:
Squilliam said:

yeah what he said

selnor said:
sc94597 said:
Squilliam said:

yeah what he said

Also if you have a bc ps3 I think they might have made the original on ps2.

It is definitely amazing ... the best FPS series ever made
as a matter of fact i was just playing it ( the 1st one ) again ' cause it is such a great game !

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa