By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Half-Life 1 is AMAZING

Yeah, what else is new, eh?

First a warning to all Half-Life fans: please don't post any Half-Life 2 spoilers in this thread, as I haven't played it yet. Keep it to Half-Life 1 and its expansions please! 

Well, I just finished the game, ofcourse, I played it already years ago, but never really got into it to finish it. Now I did, and I must say it's amazing!

I really love the suspense and mystery this game has. Although it's very subtle, there's a lot of going on in the game. What really happened when the experiment gone wrong? Why Xen? Who/what is G-Man? Maybe even more importantly, who is Gordon Freeman? Lots of questions unanswered... just speaking about Half-Life 1 here, by the way.

Now I'm going to play Half-Life 2, I can't wait! I wanted to finish BioShock first but f*ck it.

Around the Network

Yeah, Half Life is a great game ESPECIALLY since theres no cut-scenes and its all told trough Freeman's eyes. First time I played Half Life was on the Ps2 which also had the splitscreen Co-op story "Decay". Well enjoy Half-Life 2.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

It's still probably the best shooter ever created in this humble pig's eyes. Definitely so if you include Counter-Strike as part of HL.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Half-life is the best shooter/fps ever created!

i cannot wait for HL2 ep3!!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
Half-life is the best shooter/fps ever created!

i cannot wait for HL2 ep3!!

Well I agree it's good. But HL2 has some tedious chorey bits in it. Like the whole Church yard bit, and rooftop. Should have cut that out.  Not sure bout best ever.

Around the Network

Oh no, not another resonance cascade.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

ehh?

Chrizum said:

ehh?

Ha!  You've never played Half-Life!  I caught you!  A resonance cascade starts the whole plot!

Chrizum said:

ehh?

Ha! You've never played Half-Life! I caught you! A resonance cascade starts the whole plot!

Rubang: you're evil. You abused my lack of skill of the English language for your own amusment. For this, you'll go to hell.

Now, I wholeheartedly agree that Half-Life 2 is the greatest game ever, but frankly I think the first game royally sucks. I've tried to play it several times, and every time I come to that same conclusion. I'm not sure what it is about the game, but I have to honestly say that Half-Life is one of the worst games I've ever played.