By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - "The boxing world thinks Floyd Mayweather's next fight is a complete joke." Possible Rocky Story

GTstation said:

Yes its his fault hes ducked top prime opposition to take on done names, they were the popualr easy figths far from the best.  

To prove how big a joke he is now its Berto, hes fighting Berto LMAO cant wait for you to spin this shit.

Berto?  What are you talking about?  I've never once said anything about Berto.  Please, keep your arguments coherent.  Trying to switch arguments now will only make you look silly.

Seriously, I don't get a rat's ass if you hate Mayweather.  I don't care if you love him either, for that matter.  But to make up things just because you don't like a figher is sad.  

I want to be fair, though, so I'm going to give you a chance.  Please, tell us who these prime fighters were that you would have fought if you were in Mayweather's place.  We know that you, in your career, would have skipped Gatti, Hatton, Castillo, Corrales, Judah, De La Hoya, Marquez, Mosley, Cotto, and Alvarez.  These people were, in your estimation, all "done" when Mayweather fought them (nevermind that Manny fought some of them later).  This is about you and your hypothetical career.  Who would you have fought instead that were so much better?

Around the Network
pokoko said:
GTstation said:

Yes its his fault hes ducked top prime opposition to take on done names, they were the popualr easy figths far from the best.  

To prove how big a joke he is now its Berto, hes fighting Berto LMAO cant wait for you to spin this shit.

Berto?  What are you talking about?  I've never once said anything about Berto.  Please, keep your arguments coherent.  Trying to switch arguments now will only make you look silly.

Seriously, I don't get a rat's ass if you hate Mayweather.  I don't care if you love him either, for that matter.  But to make up things just because you don't like a figher is sad.  

I want to be fair, though, so I'm going to give you a chance.  Please, tell us who these prime fighters were that you would have fought if you were in Mayweather's place.  We know that you, in your career, would have skipped Gatti, Hatton, Castillo, Corrales, Judah, De La Hoya, Marquez, Mosley, Cotto, and Alvarez.  These people were, in your estimation, all "done" when Mayweather fought them (nevermind that Manny fought some of them later).  This is about you and your hypothetical career.  Who would you have fought instead that were so much better?

lol hate, i couldnt care less about nothing like him, what annoyes me peopel with no sports ability let alone any combat sport pretanding hes anything great.  People who have no clue what a corrupt joke boxing really is nor are smart enough to see how cherry picked Mays opponent shave been.  

Hes fighting Berto next proving what a coddled coward he is.  If he had any greatness in him hed figth GG now not Berto.  Williams before the crash ended his career.  Pac in 2009 not waited till he gets ktfo and slows down.  Sergio Martinez, who at his best had the speed to really make May prove him self.  Hell Ward now could drop down his talent and skill vs May would be worth watching.

May and his camp is the epitomy of whats wrong with boxing.  A bunch of cowards thugs and criminals.  

GTstation said:
pokoko said:

lol hate, i couldnt care less about nothing like him, what annoyes me peopel with no sports ability let alone any combat sport pretanding hes anything great.  People who have no clue what a corrupt joke boxing really is nor are smart enough to see how cherry picked Mays opponent shave been.  

Hes fighting Berto next proving what a coddled coward he is.  If he had any greatness in him hed figth GG now not Berto.  Williams before the crash ended his career.  Pac in 2009 not waited till he gets ktfo and slows down.  Sergio Martinez, who at his best had the speed to really make May prove him self.  Hell Ward now could drop down his talent and skill vs May would be worth watching.

May and his camp is the epitomy of whats wrong with boxing.  A bunch of cowards thugs and criminals.  

So your brilliant solution is that Mayweather should have fought two guys in Martinez and Williams who didn't become top level until they were middleweights, a weight Mayweather has never fought at?  And now you're saying he should go up to middleweight for his very last fight?

Why are you even doing this?  It's sad.  It's just really sad.  I know you hate him, this person you've never met, but ... damn.  

Let me show you something that will maybe help you understand --

This is Floyd Mayweather basically begging for a fight against the top guys.  Notice Roy Jones saying that the top guys would be dumb to fight Mayweather, as they had nothing to gain from it.  Finally, Mosley is saying "no way" to a fight with Mayweather in as round-about a way as possible.

I don't even know what to say to you.  You're just making up rationalizations because you are angry at a man you don't know in a profession that doesn't really matter.  

pokoko said:
GTstation said:

So your brilliant solution is that Mayweather should have fought two guys in Martinez and Williams who didn't become top level until they were middleweights, a weight Mayweather has never fought at?  And now you're saying he should go up to middleweight for his very last fight?

Why are you even doing this?  It's sad.  It's just really sad.  I know you hate him, this person you've never met, but ... damn.  

Let me show you something that will maybe help you understand --

This is Floyd Mayweather basically begging for a fight against the top guys.  Notice Roy Jones saying that the top guys would be dumb to fight Mayweather, as they had nothing to gain from it.  Finally, Mosley is saying "no way" to a fight with Mayweather in as round-about a way as possible.

I don't even know what to say to you.  You're just making up rationalizations because you are angry at a man you don't know in a profession that doesn't really matter.  

Why not say more bs then you already said.  Hes a coward in a currently pretty cowardly sport, i dont doubt plenty paper chumps ops i mean champs lol ducked him its boxing.  Just like hes ducked others the entire time he gained some popularity.  Thats the pathetic state of boxing currently. Had he had any balls hed fought Pac many years ago when it really mattered.  None can argue this, all know his cowarldly ass was the reason the fight didnt happen for such a long ass time.    

I see you didnt even replay to Berto, i take you you know hes a bum and there no way to defend the coward for fighting such a low class fighter.  

I care or hate May as much as the last shit i took, he can come out as a women tommorow for all i care.  But hes still a pos excuse for a person, he should go beat up more women his family has plenty experience in that.

He's beaten everyone who they said would stop him it's time for critics to accept it he's a legend like him or not, I think he's a prat but that doesn't stop him being a legendary boxer, he made Pacman look stupid in the ring not many people can manage that.

A lot of critics of Floyd often don't understand Boxing as a sport and artform and think it's just about throwing punches and knocking people out, just an observation. If they think his next fight is a joke well maybe because he's beaten everyone else.