By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whos art style do you like better: Yoshitaka Amano or Tetsuya Nomura

I like Nomura way better.  Hes one of my top three favorite artists

Play B3yond

Around the Network

This thread would suck a lot less if you had provided some examples.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

Why even reply if you dont know what im talking about?

Play B3yond

JBoogie said:
Sqrl said:

But more people would know what you're talking about if you'd provided examples, may have been the point.

I prefer Yoshitaka Amano.  And I love Tony DiTerlizzi, who was heavily influenced by Amano. 

See sig for answer. His designs are redundant and overrated.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
JBoogie said:
Sqrl said:

Who said I don't know what you're talking about?  You want to compare the artistic styles of two people's work.  It would however be helpful to have some examples for side by side comparison even for those who have seen both styles, but seperately. 

More than that though this forum would be flooded with useless threads (moreso than it already is) if everyone just posted every passing thought that scrambled through their brain.  I don't think its really asking that much for a new thread to involve a little more than two sentences serving as an answer to the topic title. 

The thread is just a bit random, it would be like posting a thread entitled "What type of pie do you like better: Cherry or Apple?".  And inside I write "I like cherry way better.  Its one of my top three favorite pies.".  I mean WTF???  You've basically created a thread so that you can say "I like this artist...okthxbye".  All I'm asking is that you include some examples of these guys work so that the thread is a little more than just your endorsement dressed up as a question.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Yeah I honestly don't know these artists, or maybe I've seen their work but don't know the names. Pics would be nice...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

^ Me neither.....Examples please!!!!

Amano:

http://www.elevenland.com/amano/amano.php3

Nomura:

http://www.spirasdestiny.net/ff10/tetsuya_artwork.php 

Man all you guys do is complain, sure the OP was a little lazy but instead of complaining you could be a little more constructive... I like Yoshitaka better from what I´ve seen, very amazing, will look into more of these two guys, thanx Jboogie

EDIT: Looks like Loud beat me to it :)

Yoshitaka Amano

Tetsuya Nomura