By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whos art style do you like better: Yoshitaka Amano or Tetsuya Nomura

Amano, I've got a couple of his art books in my collection, very melancholic...

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Around the Network

And, hell with it, OT but I wanna plug this guy: here are some examples from Tony Diterlizzi.  He worked on Dungeons and Dragons, including doing most of the Planescape artwork, and Magic Cards, and conceived and illustrated The Spiderwick Chronicles, the first of which is now a movie.

http://www.rmichelson.com/Artist_Pages/DiTerlizzi/Tony-DiTerlizzi-MTG.html

Tetsuya Nomura (born October 8, 1970) is a Japanese video game director and character designer working for Square Enix (formerly Square). He has been rated by the website Next Generation as the 7th most important and anticipated video game developer of 2007.[2]

Yoshitaka Amano (born July 28, 1952) is a Japanese artist known for his illustrations for Vampire Hunter D and for his character designs, image illustrations and title logo designs for the Final Fantasy video game series developed by Square Enix (formerly Square).[1].

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

And, hell with it, OT but I wanna plug this guy: here are some examples from Tony Diterlizzi. He worked on Dungeons and Dragons, including doing most of the Planescape artwork, and Magic Cards, and conceived and illustrated The Spiderwick Chronicles, the first of which is now a movie.

Planescape the Bioware game ??? Man that had a fantastic style, that guy is a genius in my book...

Amano. Nomura has too much of a zipper fetish for my tastes.

Around the Network
El Duderino said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

And, hell with it, OT but I wanna plug this guy: here are some examples from Tony Diterlizzi. He worked on Dungeons and Dragons, including doing most of the Planescape artwork, and Magic Cards, and conceived and illustrated The Spiderwick Chronicles, the first of which is now a movie.

Planescape the Bioware game ??? Man that had a fantastic style, that guy is a genius in my book...

Planescape the D&D world that Torment was set in. 

http://www.diterlizzi.com/

On the main page, click the "art," then "gaming" tabs. 

amano's work is beautiful, but nomura's translate to 3d better. nomura made kh, but amano was on ff9. its a tough call, but i feel like amano makes better pictures, while nomura has better characters.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Amano is superior to Nomura.

I like both. I like Amano's vintage fantasy style. I have the ff9 art book by Amano. I love Nomura's modern and fantasy realism in his artwork. Both are brilliant artist.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I like Amano alot better. But, I don't hate Nomura that much either.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.