By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot made a video ripping on Shenmue - Be sure to dislike it

So much ignorance in this video...this guy still thinks Sony is financing the game

> "I don't understand why the snow turns to rain" He says this like a criticism, like its an error, despite the fact "the day the snow turned to rain" is the whole thing ABOUT the day
> If you watch the stream, he doesn't even know HOW the use the R-Trigger. Doesn't even zoom on an object ONCE, which would HELP HIM when he stuck on finding Mr. Yamotos house and gave up
> Doesn't like the tank controls- has he ever played Resident Evil or any other game from the 90's? The layout makes sense for the Dreamcast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb99JjChB3E

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I stopped listening to Gamespot about a year ago

I recommend you do the same

What a dingleberry.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well it is GameSpot, what were you expecting?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Gamespot has some of the weirdest tastes. They like this game that is disliked, hate that game that is generally liked. I get that a review site is made of individuals and individuals have their own tastes blah blah blah. But it's good practice to have some sense of coherence from time to time. The fact that Gamespot can be all over the place is kinda off putting on the whole. 

On the other hand let's not just sit around acting like all games age well.  Many do not. 

Oh and snow turning to rain is a pretty common thing. 

Around the Network

Does anybody really take GameSpot seriously nowadays?
These are the same guys who said Sonic Unleashed was a worse game than Sonic '06.
Yeah, I know both games were reviewed by different guys but... Really?

I'd say the majority of their criticisms were valid.

Shenmue's whole appeal was that it offered an open, living city that you could freely explore and interact with in a way that people had not really encountered before. We should really get a poll going for people who have played it for the first time just recently. I did, and it certainly didn't live up to the hype.

My concern for shenmue 3 is that the open, living world thing is nothing new at this point, and it's also ridiculously expensive. They had better find a new source of a lotta money.

This idea of reviewing games 10, 20 and even 30 years later is absurd. You can only review a game and judge it against the games of it's era.

Try not to imply raiding...

Johnw1104 said:
I'd say the majority of their criticisms were valid.

Shenmue's whole appeal was that it offered an open, living city that you could freely explore and interact with in a way that people had not really encountered before. We should really get a poll going for people who have played it for the first time just recently. I did, and it certainly didn't live up to the hype.

My concern for shenmue 3 is that the open, living world thing is nothing new at this point, and it's also ridiculously expensive. They had better find a new source of a lotta money.

Shenmue is the first open world game, released in 1999. if you've played other open world games like GTA5 etc, and like how awesome it is, well you have Shenmue to thank for that.

Credit is given where credit is due.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5