By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Are you upgrading to Windows 10?

FIT_Gamer said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Its almost here, only 6 days to go.  I signed up for the upgrade, Windows 10 looks better than 8 but I'm not sure if I'm gonna use it.  I know when you upgrade your OS its gonna delete everything so I backed up everything I want, but what's gonna happen to my Microsoft Office and Norton subscriptions?  

It' doesn't delete your programs or files. 

Someone asked on Reddit that if a backup is needed, and everyone said yes if he didn't want to lose any files. I'm not planning on upgrading as soon as I get a method for backing up my files. 

Around the Network

I am: everything is saved, can do it IN MY Win7 OS, its free, I want something fresh, can talk to Cortana via headset. "Cortana launch Dota 2", DX12, Huge Xbox support

Amazeballs.

Mr_No said:
FIT_Gamer said:

It' doesn't delete your programs or files. 

Someone asked on Reddit that if a backup is needed, and everyone said yes if he didn't want to lose any files. I'm not planning on upgrading as soon as I get a method for backing up my files. 

Well the Windows Community Forums that are filled with people that have been doing it for many years and etc says that the upgrade will preserve all your files as long as it is windows 7 or later... And if you ever have done an OS upgrade by yourself after windows 7, you would know too

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/when-upgrading-to-windows-10-will-the-upgrade/e1c63f7e-bafc-43dd-9ad1-6d8ed87a747a

The key here is that it is always good to have a backup just in case shit hits the fan but that goes for any OS upgrade... Not just for windows 10... But it really won't delete anything by itself provided that all goes well and the backup is entirely optional and not mandatory... Just like for any OS upgrade

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm sticking with 7 unless I get some heavy proof that 10 is better. If that gross random jumble of windows and buttons and apps is left over from 8, I'm not touching it.

No, until I am required to for my job. I literally can't afford to be out of step with what local businesses use.

Around the Network

I'm doing Preview for Windows 10 and it's definitely solid as hell. Love it and definitely upgrading. Also, whoever said it deletes all your stuff, that's a lie.

My laptop is 4 years old and dying. I'm not going to bother.

Soonerman said:
I'm doing Preview for Windows 10 and it's definitely solid as hell. Love it and definitely upgrading. Also, whoever said it deletes all your stuff, that's a lie.

I hope you are right. I'm pretty tech saavy but I've had bad experiences in the past by losing data, so when I've heard that it was required to backup, I kinda stepped back. I am excited for Windows 10, but I'll wait a week or two to see how things go.

Of course. Only reason I'm not already using preview for windows 10 is because my main driver is my only PC and I definitely do not want that to break :P.

In the day I'll read some reviews ( Just to make sure there are no major PC breaking bugs ) and then upgrade.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

It doesn't delete your stuff. Whenever you upgrade a computer, laptop, tablet OS your stuff stays on it. I upgraded and all of my stuff is still here. If you play on the XBOX ONE I suggest upgrading. So anyone that is hoping it will format your computer, it will not.