By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - There never was a 360 shortage. Proof? eBay.

If demand truly exceeds supply in retail channels, eBay prices will be higher (or at least competitive with) retail prices.  The Nintendo Wii offers an example of this phenomenon:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&fgtp=&catref=C6&sofocus=bs&sabfmts=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&ftrv=1&ftrt=1&fis=2&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fpos=90007&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&from=R40&satitle=nintendo+wii+-games+-game&sbrftog=1&sacat=62054%26catref%3DC6&saobfmts=insif&_trksid=m37&sadis=200&guest=1

If demand for the console at the retail price is less than supply, as is the case with the XBox 360, prices on eBay for the console will be lower than retail prices.  Documentation:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=goto&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&guest=1&guest=1&from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=xbox+360+-game+-games+-broken+-as-is&sacat=62054%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=90007&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=125

So, supply exceeds, and has for months, exceeded demand for 360.

There is no shortage.

(You need to be signed in to search for completed items...for the 360 i'm linking to a number of days back, when maybe the "shortage" was "still in force."  Seach back farther if you want!) 

(Also for the 360 unlike the Wii I had to specify not to include broken 360s in the search, because there are f***loads of them.)

Has this thread been done?  If so, and anyone still thinks there's been a 360 shortage, the thread needs to be done again.

Around the Network

Well, I believe, in NA, there was some shortage that have slowed the sales
but I REALLY dont think the shortage were as big as the Wii shortage : in some place it was hard to find a premium/elite, in some others it was easy.

Time to Work !

Why are people selling broken 360s?

TWRoO said:

People wanna get out with a little $$ I guess...seems like the harder question is, why are people (sometimes) buying broken 360s?

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
TWRoO said:
People wanna get out with a little $$ I guess...seems like the harder question is, why are people (sometimes) buying broken 360s?
If it's under warranty, then you just got yourself a cheap 360 with a time delay to delivery.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

If it's under warranty, then you just got yourself a cheap 360 with a time delay to delivery.

True.  Good call.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

If demand truly exceeds supply in retail channels, eBay prices will be higher (or at least competitive with) retail prices. The Nintendo Wii offers an example of this phenomenon:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&fgtp=&catref=C6&sofocus=bs&sabfmts=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&ftrv=1&ftrt=1&fis=2&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fpos=90007&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&from=R40&satitle=nintendo+wii+-games+-game&sbrftog=1&sacat=62054%26catref%3DC6&saobfmts=insif&_trksid=m37&sadis=200&guest=1

If demand for the console at the retail price is less than supply, as is the case with the XBox 360, prices on eBay for the console will be lower than retail prices. Documentation:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=goto&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&guest=1&guest=1&from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=xbox+360+-game+-games+-broken+-as-is&sacat=62054%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=90007&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=125

So, supply exceeds, and has for months, exceeded demand for 360.

There is no shortage.

(You need to be signed in to search for completed items...for the 360 i'm linking to a number of days back, when maybe the "shortage" was "still in force." Seach back farther if you want!)

(Also for the 360 unlike the Wii I had to specify not to include broken 360s in the search, because there are f***loads of them.)

Has this thread been done? If so, and anyone still thinks there's been a 360 shortage, the thread needs to be done again.

No because those who couldn't find a 360 purchased a PS3...

That's probably what I would of done... 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

How many more of these repetitive threads are we going to have? And to clue some people in there were shortages for awhile but they basically ended sometime near the beginning of March. It's the middle of March now so please move on.

As for the original poster, the fact that you're so obsessed with the Xbox 360 that you would chose that profile name and profile pic is really pathetic.

Legend11 said:
How many more of these repetitive threads are we going to have? And to clue some people in there were shortages for awhile but they basically ended sometime near the beginning of March. It's the middle of March now so please move on.

Anyone else feels like PS3 fanboys are turning into Fox News?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Legend11 said:

As for the original poster, the fact that you're so obsessed with the Xbox 360 that you would chose that profile name and profile pic is really pathetic.

True true, it is March.

But in their press release for NPD this thursday, they said it wouldn't be straightened out to April [Basically conceding that they would lose March because of supply]

So if it isn't going to be in stock to April, and they will lose March because of this, then why are they so easy to find?

Your comment and the press release statements conflict.