By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I switched all my pre-orders over to best buy, instead of Gamestop.

I pretty much only buy digital now, but if I were still going physical I would totally go the BB route. They're garbage for pretty much all electronics, but their video game setup and rewards are actually top notch.

Around the Network

I hate Gamestop so I never shop there. But it sounds like you're a Best buy employee

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It's hard to not sound like a BB employee after getting a brand new PS4 game day one for close to half price. I switched my buying habits over in January, no regrets whatsoever.

MoHasanie said:

I hate Gamestop so I never shop there. But it sounds like you're a Best buy employee

The Gamer's Club Unlocked membership should really seal it for everyone. Literally pays for itself. If you think you'll buy 2-3 + games new, unused in the next 2 years it's certainly the way to go.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I used to buy from gamestop as well, but as soon as best buy started the gamer club thing, I started shopping there almost always. A new game with that card is usually cheaper than a used game at gamestop. The gamer club card is such a great deal. It's already paid for itself twice for me and I only got it recently.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

Its hard to argue with the value of the program. The gamers club 20% discount means a new game only costs $48. That alone is valuable. My only issue is that the nearest Best Buy is over 120 miles from me. I plan on doing it eventually though. Its just a pain to go in person.

fleischr said:
MoHasanie said:

The Gamer's Club Unlocked membership should really seal it for everyone. Literally pays for itself. If you think you'll buy 2-3 + games new, unused in the next 2 years it's certainly the way to go.

I would but I'm not sure if it would be as good in Canada. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

fleischr said:
MoHasanie said:

Well you also get 10% off on used games and if you buy 2 used games you get the third one free, for equal or lesser value of coarse.

MoHasanie said:

I'm not, just can't believe I got a new game for 38 f'ing dollars, I should have done this a long time ago. ;P

eehh...if I'm pre-ordering a game I usually just go to Gamestop. Mostly just because I fucking HATE Bestbuy.

If I'm not pre-ordering I get games at work, because I pretty much never pay more than $45 on new games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.