By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I switched all my pre-orders over to best buy, instead of Gamestop.

What's up Vgchartz?

So why is it I stopped pre-ording from Gamestop? First I never liked the way gamestop upsold me on everysingle thing, I mean everything, I felt as if I could not leave the store until I signed up to donate my organs to Gamestop. However Gamestop had the best pre-order system in the industry, captured a lot of exclusive deals with Software companies for bundles and DLC.

I however have always been a big fan of Bestbuy. I'm a Eliteplus Member, which means I spend way to much money at their store.  However in the past they would make you pre-order with cards that where not attached to your account. The other problem I had was the staff not understanding the concept of pre-orders and sadly they still don't but as I understand the system perfect, I save way more then the average gamer.

First thing Bestbuy has done to win me over. They attached pre-orders to your account through the rewards members program (which is free). In the members program you can do as you do at Gamestop, add as much money as you want, at different times and keep track of all your pre-orders online through their website, on your members account.

2nd, A big portion of games you pre-order get 500 in reward members points when purchased, or a 10 dollar certificate you can use toward anything in bestbuy.  You don't have to print it out either, just ask them at checkout and they can apply it there. Here is a list of the games currently that offer this promotion.

Get $10 in reward certificates per game when you pre-order and purchase.

Around the Network

Adblock isn't working again, goddamnit

So with this I'm paying $49.99 for each game with out tax. However it gets even better if you add Gamers club to your existing Members rewards program. The Gamers club is $30 dollars for 2 years but comes with some great benefits and if you buy new games or used it benefits both.

I bought Elder Scrolls online for 32 dollars because it was on sale, I got an extra 20% off for buying a new game because of being a Gamers club member.

So when I pre-order and pick up any of those games above listed in the promotion, I am actually only going to pay $38 for each game including certificates and the 20% off.

The only major issue is bestbuys employee's at the service desk have no clue whats going on sometimes with pre-orders as it's new to them, some do. So when you go up to the service desk remember you want to have your reward members card or your account phone number and a picture ID. They do have pre-order cards you can scan but you do not need them to pre-order a game, they will even tell you, you have to grab one or there has to be a card, this is a mistake by them. If you want to grab a card that is out fine but if they don't have it, tell them your friend pre-orders games here all the time with out pre-order cards and to look it up or ask for help.

I actually am writing a message to all bosses up the chain, as a eliteplus member I'm sure they will listen and I understand how to contact people of power.

However this is the reason I switched to Bestbuy for all my gaming needs, not only do I save 20% on new games but if they are in the pre-order promotional deal, I only pay $38 per new game. You also get great deals on trade-in credit, Used games and much more...

More info: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/My-Best-Buy/Gamers-Club/pcmcat338600050004.c?id=pcmcat338600050004

Reward program Benefits as oppose to free membership.       Blue controller is membership, Grey is not.

Benefits

GAMERS CLUB
FREE MEMBERSHIP

GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED
$30 for 2-Year Membership

2x points
on new video game software, digital content and game accessories

2 POINTS
for every dollar when you trade in games

REDEEM REWARD CERTIFICATES
on nearly everything at Best Buy

Exclusive Gaming Offers

20% OFF
new video game software

-------

10% BONUS TRADE-IN CREDIT
on your video game software trade-ins

-------

10% off
pre-owned games

-------

BUY TWO, GET A THIRD FREE
pre-owned games via special welcome coupon

-------

50% OFF
strategy guide via special welcome coupon

-------

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: For complete details, see My Best Buy Gamers Club and Gamers Club Unlocked terms and conditions and FAQs.

Roronaa_chan said:

hate that, I also had major issues just making this thread.

Around the Network

we know it but its only in the US

Hm, I moved somewhat recently and Best Buy is less than a mile up the road from me. Might start pre ordering there for now on. Thanks for the info.

The Wikipedia article on pre-orders is gold right now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DJEVOLVE said:
Roronaa_chan said:

*whispers* I think they were referring to your post and Best Buy bizarre advertising. no one is kidding themselves thinking Best Buy (nor Gamestop for that matter) is a good deal for any electronics, let alone video game preorders

mountaindewslave said:
DJEVOLVE said:

*whispers* I think they were referring to your post and Best Buy bizarre advertising. no one is kidding themselves thinking Best Buy (nor Gamestop for that matter) is a good deal for any electronics, let alone video game preorders

So $38 bucks for a game is not a good deal, Give me a break.