By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PES 2016 Jumps From 720p to 1080p Thanks to Xbox One DirectX 12 SDK, MGSV May See Similar Results

it has nothing to do with DirectX, back then 900p wasnt considered a standard when both MGS5 GZ and PES2015 came out thats why they were 720p like blackops. like ethnomaz said 1360x1080p isnt true 1080p they should make it 900p.

Around the Network

I...this article is both making some pretty big assumptions and making a bit of a misleading claim.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Dark_Feanor said:
Most of the arm chair developers coments in this thread is so funny it´s sad.

I knew a particular user with no experience what so ever would be one of the first to comment here.

Of course, he was the one that has spent almost 2 years claming the "the gap will go wider" or "don´t expect games at full 1080p on the XOne... EVER".

So funny.

But any way, Konami development has been a mess in the last 3 to 4 years. The Fox engine is a failure that is costing them too much effort to fix.

Watch out, some of them got Phd...

Isn't 1600x900 better for playing with snap enabled? 1360x1080 needs to be scaled both ways.
Snapped game resolution is actually 1440x810, 1440x1080 would be best I guess.

For most games it doesn't matter anyway, so many post process blur effects nowadays that 900p or 1080p gets lost in the filters. Chromatic abhoration, motion smur, temporal ghosting, etc.

wondering is XBO Rise of the Tomb Raider also 1360x1080 or 1440x1080... 

Around the Network

Lowering the horizontal resolution (if that's what's being done) and then calling it 1080p is incredibly misleading. That would be like reducing the resolution to 1x1080 and calling it 1080p because there are 1080 vertical pixels.

If it isn't 1920x1080 then it isn't 1080p.

So it's just 900p? Lol dat 1080pr.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

disgusting that more people play the concerned tune instead of being happy that a game reaches a higher resolution on a system they wouldn't get the game on or don't even own. not surprising, though.

DJEVOLVE said:

PES European product manager Adam Bhatti has confirmed on Twitter that PES 2016 will run at 1080p and 60FPS. His post states the following:

We got there thankfully, Xbox One #PES2016 will be 1080p

Where does it say that it's 60fps?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ethomaz said:

The game is running at 1360x1080p.

Wow! 

This will make a lot of people look stupid. 

Btw i'm sure x1 can handle this game 1080p60 even without dx12. To be honest i don't think dx12 will make any difference on x1,  but i hope they do on slower pcs.