By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PES 2016 Jumps From 720p to 1080p Thanks to Xbox One DirectX 12 SDK, MGSV May See Similar Results

More than four weeks ago gaming website Gamekyo posted information regarding their discussion with Konami's Julien Merceron, a technology director who has spent a great deal of time working on the Fox Engine. Among the details shared was something that seemed almost too good to be true at the time. Merceron stated that due to Microsoft's release of a new Xbox One SDK, Konami development members were able to improve the presentation of this year's Metal Gear Solid and Pro Evolution Soccer releases, jumping from their prior 720p resolution to a staggering 1080p.

Many took this as an non-credible rumor, with NeoGAF's EuropeOG posting that it was "confirmed bull****". Well, it turns out that it was true all along.

PES European product manager Adam Bhatti has confirmed on Twitter that PES 2016 will run at 1080p and 60FPS. His post states the following:

We got there thankfully, Xbox One #PES2016 will be 1080p

This lines up with what was claimed by Gamekyo meaning that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain should follow suit. But this evolution means much more than just a potentially great visual experience on the Xbox One version of this year's Metal Gear Solid. If the SDK is truly impactful enough to nearly double the rendered pixels for these two games, then future Xbox One titles are sure to see similar bumps in visual fidelity.

Since the Xbox One's launch it has struggled to compete with its rival PS4 in resolution. While Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes was a particularly extreme example (720p vs 1080p), most multiplatform titles run at a higher resolution on PS4. For example, the recent Batman: Arkham Knight ran at 900p on Xbox One versus the 1080p of PS4.

Microsoft has said a lot about how it's using software to increase the ceiling of potential for the Xbox One, especially when it comes to the introduction of its touted DirectX 12 software. As a matter of fact, DirectX 12's potential has been talked up so much that many are skeptical as to how much impact it will have on future games, particularly when it comes to the Xbox One. If Konami's games are any indication, it could be a game changer.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/pes-2016-jumps-from-720p-to-1080p-thanks-to-xbox-one-directx-12-sdk-mgsv-may-see-similar-results-33987

This will keep improving through out the gen, as it always does with any system, is the DirectX 12 the secret sauce we all have been waiting for?

Around the Network

Kind of cool I guess. I have an XBO and a PC, but could not care less about resolution on these consoles with trash specs. Only use them for a few games like CoD, Sports and a few exclusives.
But I am sure others would get excited by it.

Win10 is a week away!

The game is running at 1360x1080p.

ethomaz said:

The game is running at 1360x1080p.

Well that's kind of taken the hype away..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:

Well they said in a video they reached 1360x1080p and they will try to increase it near the launch.

But it is true they reached 1080p (1360x1080p is 1080p too... just not FULLHD 1080p) with PES 2016.

I guess MS is pushing this 1080p dynamic or below 1920... 1360x1080 is close to 1600x900p.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

ArchangelMadzz said:

Well they said in a video they reached 1360x1080p and they will try to increase it near the launch.

But it is true they reached 1080p with PES 2016.

It's such an odd resolution, I'd rather it stretch proportionally than just a verticle stretch. 

I wont be playing this anyway (I'm on PS4 regardless) but still would've been cool to see DirectX 12 make a similar impact seen on PC's.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

This isn't all that big news considering Fifa ran on xb1 at 1080/60 at launch and arguably looks better than PES.

Plus it's a game that uses limited resources, a boxed rectangle with repetitive low res crowds. This just strikes me as the PES team have better optimised their code. Where does it say this is anything to do with DX?

The title is so misleading.

FIT_Gamer said:
The title is so misleading.

It is the article title.

The twitter didn't said it is thanks to the SDK or DX12 but it is supposed to be at least thanks to the SDK.

DX12 is not ready yet from what I know.

ArchangelMadzz said:
ethomaz said:

ArchangelMadzz said:

But it is true they reached 1080p with PES 2016.

It's such an odd resolution, I'd rather it stretch proportionally than just a verticle stretch. 

I wont be playing this anyway (I'm on PS4 regardless) but still would've been cool to see DirectX 12 make a similar impact seen on PC's.

Thats where it will be making a significant impact.  DX9-DX10-DX11 differences are night and day