By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Godzilla (PS4) The worst exclusive of the year?

It is?

Definitely 45 29.41%

Probably 35 22.88%

I dont think so 18 11.76%

Nah, theres tons of worse... 27 17.65%

MASTERPIECE (of shit) 28 18.30%

Total:153
Kresnik said:

OT: This is the problem with the phrase "exclusive".  The game isn't an exclusive, it's also on PS3.  But everybody having different goalposts means you end up having more discussion about that than the actual game.

It really should be "worst game of the year" but I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a point to these particular goal posts, though the fact that this is a third-party offering makes that point tenuous at best. 

Around the Network

Guys, guys. You're all missing something important.
The Metacritic score just bumped up to 37. If you double its score now, it's almost a semi-decent score!
That's something, right?

Poor Sonic Boom, we don't give it the recognition it deserves.

V-r0cK said:
According to the users reviews, it's only amazing if you're a real die hard Godzilla fan, and from what I've seen that seems to be the case.

exactly what i was gonna say, here are some die hard fans of Godzilla enjoying the game, which is basically an exact imitation of the old cheap godzilla movies released 40 to 60 years ago in japan:

the link if the embed code doesnt work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx28qW2amSM
the game has obviously a low budget and hence a lot of things in it look "cheap" but the thing is there is also some stuff in the game that is made to look cheap (like the building explosions) to imitate the old movies and i bet a lot of this things are reasons why its getting panned by critics, because from what ive seen of the game the gameplay is exaclty what i expected from a godzilla game and it has a TON of content (game modes, monsters and even branching paths in the campaing to go through, it even has a photo mode were you can use every model in the game to recreate old scenes or just make fan fiction)

MoHasanie said:
Yeah, this year it is. Last year it was the Letter on the Wii U.

i´m talking about retail though, there is worse digital games than this one but they cost less than 15$

Around the Network

Its not exclusive sorry since its on 2 platforms, thé worst exclusive will be devil third without a doubt ( i would have say until dawn before but it looks good )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Devil's third is probably the only other retail game which can have a lower metacritic score than this game. However I think Devil's Third will at least score 40+ making Godzilla the worst retail exclusive of the year.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

And i wonder if this thread will be allowed for devil third, a real exclusive contender for thé WOTY, i will see

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
And i wonder if this thread will be allowed for devil third, a real exclusive contender for thé WOTY, i will see

There have been multiple threads about Devil's Third's shittiness....

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

if we are comparing it with other game exclusives, is this game still can be fixed? is it worst due to frame rate issues? unpolished gameplays and a lot of glitches?

your thoughts.