By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If a new Parasite Eve is being made, what do you want from it? And who'd make it?

There have been rumours of a new Parasite Eve game for PS4. Plus the fact that 3rd Birthday (PSP) reached its sales target (0.5M), it doesn't seem like an unlikely scenario.

3rd's gameplay was mostly good, I'm fine with keeping that while adding something to make it slightly less repetitive. The RPG elements should definitely stay, particularly the DNA system.

They do need to bring back snarky Aya instead of whimpering Aya though... that's the main thing they gotta avoid from the PSP game.

As for who's making it, well HexaDrive made 3rd... Right now they're collaborating with SE in FFXV and they finished the Type-0 port but I think that leaves enough room for them to be the developers. Seeing as how pretty much everything (that OST!!) except characterization was good in the PSP game, they just need to get a different writer and then it'll be in good hands.

Please don't say Platinum Games should make it.

Around the Network

For it to like the first one.

Pretty much just that.

Please bring back the music composer from PE1!

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Please bring back the music composer from PE1!

Well it's the same one as 3rd birthday, though she colabbed with two others. So yes, she should definitely keep doing it.

I've always viewed Parasite Eve as a rpg take on Resident Evil. It'll be interesting to see what SE comes up with as far as mixing the horror and rpg elements like the previous games. I was disappointed with third birthday. I hope they go back to the roots of the first Parasite Eve.

Around the Network

I've only played Parasite Eve 1 and 3rd birthday. I liked the later more, but I wouldn't mind seeing something completely new.

The problem with making it like the first one is that it probably wouldn't have much appeal in the home console audience. Ironically enough it'd actually work better as an handheld title
The old school survival horror semi-exploration style could (and probably should) return but combat can't be like that. Honestly it was good for its time but not for today. The only close thing that could work would be similar to Resonance of fate, or a mix between RoF and 3rd birthday.

I'd love for a new PE. I also hope they'll add co-op like Resident Evil.

This would make me very happy! I want a mixture of survival horror and RPG elements if it's a sequal. I don't want a flat out shooter like the last one. I would also be fine with a remake.

I would like either a retelling of the first game's story or to continue the story from #2. I'd like gameplay akin to #1, but heavily revamped. Maybe switch to twin-stick shooter style controls when combat starts. I will be...incredibly disappointed if we end up with another over-the-shoulder 3rd person shooter.