By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Goku Vs Superman 2 - Death Battle!

Do you agree with the results.

Yes. I feel sorry for Goku. 101 100.00%

Total:101
JinxRake said:
mornelithe said:

Sorry, just because Toriyama sold out, doesn't mean fans get to bitch and roll back the canon, same with Superman.  That's the point.  Hope that clears up your attempt at being smug.

I really think we're both missing something out of the other guy's replies. 

And don't say that Superman is weak if we ignore post 1992 stuff. Silver Age Superman is still one of the most ridiculous things in fiction.

Pretty much this. If anyone can show me a feat Goku has preformed that was anywhere near this powerful we can talk.

Around the Network
JinxRake said:
mornelithe said:

Sorry, just because Toriyama sold out, doesn't mean fans get to bitch and roll back the canon, same with Superman.  That's the point.  Hope that clears up your attempt at being smug.

And don't say that Superman is weak if we ignore post 1992 stuff. Silver Age Superman is still one of the most ridiculous things in fiction.

I have never, once, said Superman was weak lol.  Not once.  I have openly admitted however, that my knowledge of Superman is quite limited (Death of Superman still is one of my favorite collectives of comics, but probably the last I read).  This particular thought expirement was quite a bit more challenging than the utter farce that is Batman vs Superman, for example. 

I will admit that when I saw Goku vs Superman 2, I had assumed there was another thread, and this was somehow a continuation of it. lol.  Not that there's literally a 2nd Superman (or a new Iteration etc..).  For example, Superman Prime goes over my head, never new it existed until people kept referencing it in this thread.

But, I am quite familiar with Goku, and view him kinda like Superman, an all powerful entity who no matter what happens, wins in the end.  Because no matter what happens, he always wins in the end.  What happens when you have 2 individuals like that, clash?  It's like the immovable object vs the unstoppable force.

What would happen is Superman might win the first encounter (or not?), then Goku would go into a hyperbollic time chamber, train for decades, and come out a billion times stronger, and win.  Or Goku wins the first encounter, and Superman goes off on some soul searching or whatever, and comes back more confident in himself.  Though, the problem there is that this usually occurs when Superman's fighting something evil...Goku, as I said, is not evil.  And Superman's usually a very good judge of character.  So why would he even be involved in a fight to the death w/ a person who's just as good natured as he is, if not more?  Do you think Superman would wish Zod back, as a good person?  Probably not.  Goku's good to the point of utter naivete.  The question doesn't really make sense, and the answer is more difficult than just 'who's more powerful'.

mornelithe said:
JinxRake said:

I have never, once, said Superman was weak lol.  Not once.  I have openly admitted however, that my knowledge of Superman is quite limited (Death of Superman still is one of my favorite collectives of comics, but probably the last I read).  This particular thought expirement was quite a bit more challenging than the utter farce that is Batman vs Superman, for example. 

I will admit that when I saw Goku vs Superman 2, I had assumed there was another thread, and this was somehow a continuation of it. lol.  Not that there's literally a 2nd Superman (or a new Iteration etc..).  For example, Superman Prime goes over my head, never new it existed until people kept referencing it in this thread.

But, I am quite familiar with Goku, and view him kinda like Superman, an all powerful entity who no matter what happens, wins in the end.  Because no matter what happens, he always wins in the end.  What happens when you have 2 individuals like that, clash?  It's like the immovable object vs the unstoppable force.

What would happen is Superman might win the first encounter (or not?), then Goku would go into a hyperbollic time chamber, train for decades, and come out a billion times stronger, and win.  Or Goku wins the first encounter, and Superman goes off on some soul searching or whatever, and comes back more confident in himself.  Though, the problem there is that this usually occurs when Superman's fighting something evil...Goku, as I said, is not evil.  And Superman's usually a very good judge of character.  So why would he even be involved in a fight to the death w/ a person who's just as good natured as he is, if not more?  Do you think Superman would wish Zod back, as a good person?  Probably not.  Goku's good to the point of utter naivete.  The question doesn't really make sense, and the answer is more difficult than just 'who's more powerful'.

There will NEVER be a better time for me to post this scan from All-Star Superman. NEVER.

P.s > A small addendum: I have watched EVERY single DBZ related piece of animation that was official - and even the God awful The secret plan to destroy the Saiyans -. I somehow always get roped into these discussions of Goku vs Superman, though I know by myself that they make zero sense in the end and it's just an exercise in patience for everyone involved. You don't get out of this because you've been proven wrong, or proved your point beyond any reasonable doubt, but rather because you don't feel like writing another damn word on the subject. 

JinxRake said:

P.s > A small addendum: I have watched EVERY single DBZ related piece of animation that was official - and even the God awful The secret plan to destroy the Saiyans -. I somehow always get roped into these discussions of Goku vs Superman, though I know by myself that they make zero sense in the end and it's just an exercise in patience for everyone involved. You don't get out of this because you've been proven wrong, or proved your point beyond any reasonable doubt, but rather because you don't feel like writing another damn word on the subject. 

Apt picture, I think that's probably closer to what would happen if Goku and Superman were to square off.

Bolded: Even more apt lol :)

mornelithe said:
JinxRake said:

But Goku doesn't akways win, the people of Earth do (metaphorically obviously, usually it's a Saiyan, but not always Goku). Goku didn't defeat Radits, he was not powerful enough. Goku also did not defeat Perfect Cell, Gohan did. He's been killed several times for not being powerful enough.

*Edit* On the other hand Superman has never truly died. Not even by Doomsday in the comic "The Death Of Superman". He was beaten into a death like state. His father Jonathan Kent then appeared to him and told him he merely fooled himself into believing he was dead through him only knowing the human sense of mortality.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
mornelithe said:

But Goku doesn't akways win, the people of Earth do (metaphorically obviously, usually it's a Saiyan, but not always Goku). Goku didn't defeat Radits, he was not powerful enough. Goku also did not defeat Perfect Cell, Gohan did. He's been killed several times for not being powerful enough.

And always comes back (Dunno, in my opinion that's winning...the Universe he exists in always conspires to make it so), and is without a doubt the most powerful by the end of the series.   Are we now going to selectively choose which Goku, Superman faces?  How is that fair?

mornelithe said:
bigtakilla said:

And always comes back (Dunno, in my opinion that's winning...the Universe he exists in always conspires to make it so), and is without a doubt the most powerful by the end of the series.   Are we now going to selectively choose which Goku, Superman faces?  How is that fair?

He still has been actually dead. Superman has not.

*Edit* And proof that Goku doesn't always win, and the fact that he has severely been outmatched before. Him being "resurrected" does not take away the fact that he didn't beat Raddits or Cell. There is absolutely no way he could beat Superman. Even when Superman was presumed "dead" he still killed Doomsday.

JinxRake said:
Azuren said:
I thought this rematch was a few years too early.

Dragon Ball Super is only a few episodes in, and SSG is only the tip of the iceberg of what's to come. They're just going to have to rematch again in a few years to show off what Super Saiyan Ultimate Gorilla God (SSUGG) can do in comparison to a continuously depowered Superman.

OH.

MY.

GOD!

Can you imagine what he'll be capable of once he reaches GREEN HAIR LEVEL?!

With green hair he will be able to SCREW THE RULES!

Because he has money.

Please let some people get this reference. *crosses fingers*

Lube Me Up

bigtakilla said:
mornelithe said:

He still has been actually dead. Superman has not.

*Edit* And proof that Goku doesn't always win, and the fact that he has severely been outmatched before. Him being "resurrected" does not take away the fact that he didn't beat Raddits or Cell. There is absolutely no way he could beat Superman. Even when Superman was presumed "dead" he still killed Doomsday.

Superman was dead.  After the events of the Reign of the Supermen, he was in denial but Eradicator and some other time traveler (I think it was Waverider) said he was dead.  Not in hibernation of anything.  100% dead.  It was just a series of events that can never be replicated (aka a cop out) that bright him back.

Superboy, on the other hand.  He was in some sort of coma that took thousands of years to recover from.  They went to the future and bright him back after he awakened.

Goremichel said:
Goku VS superman?

Sorry Partypeople. Goku needs 1 finger in ssj1 form! RIP superman

Superman needs one atom to destroy Goku.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!