By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ant-Man was fun, smart, sexy, epic and ASTONISHING all rolled into one big package. *spoiler free*

What did you think about Ant-Man?

One of Marvels finest 18 28.57%

I loved it 15 23.81%

I liked it 10 15.87%

It was alright 9 14.29%

I didn't like or care for it 7 11.11%

I hated it 4 6.35%

Total:63

I'm getting a bit burnt out on Comic book movie. Reviews on this are decent
I guess if I can find someone to watch the kids I go see it with my wife. If not oh well. Blu-ray should do fine.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I'm starting to think my taste in movies just doesn't line up with the average viewer...I thought Ant Man was terrible...The humor was shallow and SO repetitive, any bit of dramatic tension or action was broken by some ham-fisted joke, the story was poorly thought out and his powers made NO sense at all.

Please can we just get back to Marvel heros people care about now...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Nopes, it was a very average movie. This is very much the type of movie that the average movie goer will like. Very much like Jurassic Park. I am actually astonish that you think so highly of it.

Normchacho said:
I'm starting to think my taste in movies just doesn't line up with the average viewer...I thought Ant Man was terrible...The humor was shallow and SO repetitive, any bit of dramatic tension or action was broken by some ham-fisted joke, the story was poorly thought out and his powers made NO sense at all.

Yes, because all the other Marvel heroes' powers make so much sense...

Scoobes said:
Normchacho said:

The problem here is that they go out of their way to provide a "scientific" explanation of how his powers work and then they ignore it several times throughout the movie.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Scoobes said:

The problem here is that they go out of their way to provide a "scientific" explanation of how his powers work and then they ignore it several times throughout the movie.

Like every single other Marvel movie? They only ever give enough to suspend disbelief.

Scoobes said:
Normchacho said:

Like every single other Marvel movie? They only ever give enough to suspend disbelief.

No, not really. He was heavy enough to crack a bathroom tile and dent the roof of a car, yet light enough to fly on an ant and be launched by a trap.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
Scoobes said:

No, not really. He was heavy enough to crack a bathroom tile and dent the roof of a car, yet light enough to fly on an ant and be launched by a trap.

Speed, momentum and density? He doesn't exactly weigh much but they did compare his speed and size to that of a "bullet". It's not like Stark would survive half the stuff he does in any of the movies if we were following any of the laws of physics.

I go into a Marvel movie knowing the science is bull and that the explanations given are there for the sake being there.

Normchacho said:
Scoobes said:

In defense, Ant Mans powers are also density manipulation, not to the extensive use of Say the Vision, but still density manipulation non the less, think about it, like this if you are compacting your structure that small, but also being able to manipulate the density of your self or an object.

You could for instance make even parts of your body heavy while others lighter. Though he could not for instances make his body gas like or make his particles so spread apart to transport his particles through the space of the structure of matter. But he could for instance make his lower half of his body light as a feather. But his arms and upper torso as heavy as if he was 6ft tall while being say the size of an note of dust. That's how AntMan can crawl into your ear canal and pretty much cripple you.

Its not just shrinking and gaining small size, remember AntMan is also Giant Man.

Do not let the name fool you Ant Man is one of the most  or can be one of the most powerful Avengers.

Density manipulation of not just himself, but also other objects is and can be rather potent effects. Pym did not teach him all the tricks yet/ wink for instance he does not increase his density until he connects with his punch! 

AntMan used to make himself a human jackhammer against his opponent by jumping on his opponents head and as he would jump up lower his density, but as he come's down , at impact increase his overall density. Think about compacting to that size how hard he would be if you hit him! 

If he is that freaking heavy and you do not have some form of body armor like Luke cage or the thing, or someone with high density them self or superhuman resistance!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

spurgeonryan said:
You thought age of ultron was crap? Then our movie tastes are different and i'll probably hate this.

That depends on a few things. If you didn't like the first Iron-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy, then no, you will not like Ant-Man at all.

I didn't like AoU for a few reasons. I hated how weak of a villain Ultron was. The guy who in the comic, Hank Pym (Ant-Man) created to save the world and protect it so the Avengers didn't need to anymore. Ultron then over the course of time saw humanity as a destructive force to nature, and in order to save the "WORLD" he needed to wipe out humanity. He was able to kill dozens off the Avengers off easily. He can't die and is completely immortal and he can transfer his consciousness and he needs to be contained. At one point they actually have to beam him up into space and he ends up attacking Xandar. No the Vision could not kill him or erase him, the Vision is OP as hell but he is no match for Ultron on his own. Ultron who is so powerful, got pounded by Captain America and he wasn't even given a fair chance to fight Hulk or Thor because they would have ripped the MCU Ultron to shreds in mere seconds. Also do you know why Ultron was flying that jet when he could control every jet in the world remotely at once? I didn't understand that part at all, it made no sense how killed Quicksilver like that at all. I didn't like Age of Ultron because the Avengers were presented with NO challenge what so ever.

Now don't get me wrong. Age of Ultron had some of the best scenes in the MCU! Personally Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver are up there with my favorite heroes in the MCU and both Elizabeth Olson and Aaron Taylor-Johnson nailed their roles and brought us some of the greatest highlights in the film. Another outstanding scene was the Hulk-Buster battle. It was mind blowing. Age of Ultron had probably the BEST 1st act of any Marvel film to date. The 2nd act started to go off the trails a little bit but was still very solid. It wasn't until the 3rd act that the movie completely busted. Right as the city was being saved I thought we were going into another act where Ultron was going to become stronger and a real fight for a final showdown. Instead we got a conversation and nothing more. Ultron had a very small influence in the MCU and simply was incapable of making our heroes budge. Cap took a bigger beating from Red Skull and Bucky smashed him down. The Abomination threw Hulk around and through buildings. Iron-man nearly died 3 times in the MCU and Thor.... well was Thor. Ultron was hardly able to scratch any of Earths mightiest heroes and a lot was left to be desired, by the time the credits started to roll the movie only felt like it was half way over and there was no sense of a climax.

That's why I didn't like Age of Ultron, yet have a great appreciation of the first act. The first act was FANTASTIC!

Normchacho said:

I don't want to come off sounding like an asshole but..... Do you know much about the Marvel universe to begin with. When the first Iron-Man film came out a lot of people were wondering who the hell he was and why they would make a movie on such a small character? Iron-Man was NOT a small character but was one of Marvel's major characters since the 60's and had a huge presence and following in the comic arena. Ant-Man is no different and was fairly popular in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. He was not very much seen after the early 80's.

You do realize that fans were upset that Hank Pym (Ant-Man) didn't create Ultron in the MCU? They claim that he could have still created the prototypes and have influences that took place far before the film and didn't need to be in it. Code and technology could have been something that Pym made in the early 90's or prior and blackselft.

Do you realise that Ant-Man and the Wasp were founding members of the Avengers. Some people actually credit the two of them for BEING the founding people of the Avengers. It was Wasp that gave the Avengers their name and was one of the most important and prominent members and was a long time leader of the team. Hardcore Marvel fans have been waiting forever for this film and while some are disapointed, others are quite happy given the fact of the major changes that needed to be done to keep it in the MCU. You do realize that if Ant-Man came out in 2008 as originally "first" planned..... He would be one of the biggest characters in the MCU, right? He is a character that many fans care about and one that was demanded for a long time. The Wasp was demanded even more so. Expect to see more of these characters and I get the sense that you have very little knowledge or credibility on the Marvel universe if you think the fans don't care about Ant-Man..... I'm sorry but I can't see how you justify those words.

tokilamockingbrd said:
I'm getting a bit burnt out on Comic book movie. Reviews on this are decent
I guess if I can find someone to watch the kids I go see it with my wife. If not oh well. Blu-ray should do fine.

Don't think of this movie as a "Super hero" movie but more of a heist movie. It's still a Marvel film based on a comic, and it feels like a Marvel film. Though it is a real breathe of fresh air and something that keeps Marvel's ball rolling. It is highly enjoyable and a lot of fun. It does ironically feel a little more of a Phase 1 film that a Phase 2 film.