By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon - best personal achievement

Volterra_90 said:
Best record for me was 18-2, but that was a very rare case. I usually score positive, but I don't usually get a 10+ in kills. I normally end 8-4, 9-5, something like that. In Turf Wars I always end 1000+, but I struggle to kill people because my weapon is not very powerful (Aerospray RG). Nice weapon to do a lot of points, though.

After playing ranked games, I actually changed my tactics in turf wars. I now push aggressively into the middle or even enemy territory and do my painting there with the occasional fight. And I let my team do the painting in our area. Somehow the other team doesnt expect such a quick advance and usually is unprepared for me being in their home zone within the first 30 seconds...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I went 27:1 one time in ranked idk how 0_0

Faxanadu said:
Volterra_90 said:
Best record for me was 18-2, but that was a very rare case. I usually score positive, but I don't usually get a 10+ in kills. I normally end 8-4, 9-5, something like that. In Turf Wars I always end 1000+, but I struggle to kill people because my weapon is not very powerful (Aerospray RG). Nice weapon to do a lot of points, though.

After playing ranked games, I actually changed my tactics in turf wars. I now push aggressively into the middle or even enemy territory and do my painting there with the occasional fight. And I let my team do the painting in our area. Somehow the other team doesnt expect such a quick advance and usually is unprepared for me being in their home zone within the first 30 seconds...

Yeah, I use that strategy when I want to play agressive and sometimes it works. If you are capable of keep them busy near their home zone, your partners can paint a lot and give you a great advantage. But I usually play Turf Wars in a relaxing way, so normally I just focus on painting the most I can, it's easy to get 1000+ points if you focus on that. Maybe it's not the best decission for the team, but, hey, I paint a lot and have a good time :P.

lolz2222222222222222 said:
I went 27:1 one time in ranked idk how 0_0

That is really impressive.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Volterra_90 said:
Faxanadu said:

Yeah, I use that strategy when I want to play agressive and sometimes it works. If you are capable of keep them busy near their home zone, your partners can paint a lot and give you a great advantage. But I usually play Turf Wars in a relaxing way, so normally I just focus on painting the most I can, it's easy to get 1000+ points if you focus on that. Maybe it's not the best decission for the team, but, hey, I paint a lot and have a good time :P.

Playing a competitive Online Shooter to relax - seems like a good idea

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Volterra_90 said:
Faxanadu said:

Playing a competitive Online Shooter to relax - seems like a good idea

Well, Turf Wars is not ranked so I don't think that's a big deal. When I want to play serious, I play ranked battles, but I see Turf Wars as a more casual and relaxing mode. And I do paint a lot, so I don't think anyone would complain about me lol.  Not that I care xDDD.

Best K/D:

Best ranked matches:

But I still have problems to get to B+...

Faxanadu said:
hsrob said:

I've never cracked 20 kills in a match but I frequently get in the high teens. For turf wars 1500 is about my ceiling but I aim to get over 1000 in every match (but don't always succeed). I've seen others do better on both counts with other weapon combos but I'm so used to my setup now it's hard to change.

I went from a C+ to B+ in one sitting of Splatzones, so that was probably my most golden run.

How long did it take you to get to B+? Seems like either you won every game or it must have been a long session...

It was probably about 3 hours where we won nearly every match.  I think the thing is I was probably better than a C+ so had the benefit and being in a group of C's where I was probably good enough to turn the tide of battle alone. All the way through though the group stayed mostly as C's so even as I ranked up most of the opposition was still relatively weak.

episteme said:

Best K/D:

Best ranked matches:

But I still have problems to get to B+...

Nice, and that at B-Level. Is there such a thing as A-rank?

The best I've ever gotten was 13:2 in turf wars and about 1075 points without the 300 point bonus (I usually get a score between 700-1000 without the bonus). I'm level 17 now, so there's a lot more Japanese people. One time I was the only non-Japanese person in a match.