By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, WiiU, XBO, 3DS up

TheSting said:
jlmurph2 said:

Ok? Its black friday. Are there not supposed to be those types of deals for that weekend?

No, just Xbox. They constantly try desperately to force the system into consumers homes. No one actually wants it but the deals are ridiculous. E3 lol. Games lol.

Lol its like MS is breaking into people's houses and leaving an Xbox One.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
TheSting said:

No, just Xbox. They constantly try desperately to force the system into consumers homes. No one actually wants it but the deals are ridiculous. E3 lol. Games lol.

Lol its like MS is breaking into people's houses and leaving an Xbox One.

They also broke into my house and left me the white X1. Now I am afraid the Master Chief will break into my house to leave me the Halo 5 limited edition X1.........on second that THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

Now I hope Marcus Fenix comes,chainsaws through my door and leave me the Gears 4 limited edition X1 :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Shadow1980 said:

That's great, now i finally know the September 2013 sales for all console!

[3DS] 209,000

[PS3] 205,000

[X360] 170,000

[WIU] 95,000

[Wii] 39,000

[PSV] 38,000

Amazing like 3DS beat PS3 during GTA V month.

Also, Vita sold 21k during February 2014.

still no vita numbers yet ? I don't recall seeing its May numbers as well, so where do these adjustments come from ?

SnowPrince said:
still no vita numbers yet ? I don't recall seeing its May numbers as well, so where do these adjustments come from ?

I don't think we're going to get them ever again unless Creamsugar decides to give us them, which I don't think he's fussed about anymore.

Prior to the numbers stopping though, Vita was undertracked quite notably in the USA (based on old NPD data).  We'd also gotten various pieces of data from Europe such as 600k in Spain, which showed that there was some undertracking going on there too.

There's a thread about it somewhere if you're interested.  Think it was one of Dr Vita's.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

XB1 has a lot of nice titles this fall. But with the exception of Halo none of them will move consoles in any discernable way. That said all.of those exclusives are going to get buried by MGS5, CoD, FO4, Star Wars, and AC

I'm still curious to see how many consoles Halo 5 moves, versus how many people who've already picked up an XB1 specifically for Halo and are ok with waiting.  Not that I'm downplaying the Halo effect, at all.  I just know that certain individuals like certain console exclusive IP so much they'll just buy the console outright and wait for the IP they want to launch (GT5 was why I got a launch PS3...I was fine with waiting).  It'll be interesting for sure.

I got PS3 for Jak and Daxter...

I think there will be a lot of Halo fans who have seen no reason to get into next gen yet. So far they've been able to satisfy all of their FPS needs on 360. Look at Destiny sales on 360 vs Xb one (VGC data...I know, I know) 360 is 59% of Xb one. Compare that to the PS3/4 split of just 29%. CoD sales on Last gen hardware are still well over 3 million (both consoles), and again the 360/Xb one split is very close, 84%, which is a much higher ratio than PS3/4. I think it's quite possible for Halo to shift (globally worldwide) 1 million extra Xb one's this year, IF it can hit 5 million+ before the end of the year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
mornelithe said:

I'm still curious to see how many consoles Halo 5 moves, versus how many people who've already picked up an XB1 specifically for Halo and are ok with waiting.  Not that I'm downplaying the Halo effect, at all.  I just know that certain individuals like certain console exclusive IP so much they'll just buy the console outright and wait for the IP they want to launch (GT5 was why I got a launch PS3...I was fine with waiting).  It'll be interesting for sure.

I think there will be a lot of Halo fans who have seen no reason to get into next gen yet. So far they've been able to satisfy all of their FPS needs on 360. Look at Destiny sales on 360 vs Xb one (VGC data...I know, I know) 360 is 59% of Xb one. Compare that to the PS3/4 split of just 29%. CoD sales on Last gen hardware are still well over 3 million (both consoles), and again the 360/Xb one split is very close, 84%, which is a much higher ratio than PS3/4. I think it's quite possible for Halo to shift (globally worldwide) 1 million extra Xb one's this year, IF it can hit 5 million+ before the end of the year.

I'm assuming Halo will move consoles, and Microsoft will see healthy sales, I'm just curious how healthy they'll be.  I'm just happy Sony got a better start than last gen, heck, I'd be ok if all 3 were neck and neck in sales.

mornelithe said:
binary solo said:

I'm assuming Halo will move consoles, and Microsoft will see healthy sales, I'm just curious how healthy they'll be.  I'm just happy Sony got a better start than last gen, heck, I'd be ok if all 3 were neck and neck in sales.

I was expecting the 8th gen to be pretty even. But when you think about it the 7th gen ended up being very even. All the consoles are going to end up with market share in the 30% range. That was with Sony doing very badly out of the gate, and with Nintendo having amazing sales in its early years. If MS and Nintendo hadn't made bad decisions we might well have had a second very even generation. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DerNebel said:
darkenergy said:
DerNebel said:

Again that's easy to say when you didn't make a prediction.

I for example could also go ahead and call all the Metacritic predictions in your sig unrealistic, but I'm not gonna do that because I haven't put myself out there to make predictions for those games (aside from Halo 5 I think).

To come out after the results are here and say that all predictions were unrealistic and bullshit is taking the real easy route.

Again if they didn't lower their predictions and be realistic there wont be any callouts, I seen people call out others predictions even though they never made a prediction themselves hell there were even users who rarely comment call people out.

I really hope you actually click the link to my predictions because my Ori prediction was one point away from being spot on so calling my predictions(Ori included which came one point close to my prediction) unrealistic isnt really a great idea. Being a few points off isn't really something worth calling out for.

I'm not going through the whole thread to call out everyone seperately, you were the last one I saw doing this but you can consider this as something aimed at everyone that now AFTER the results are out feels in the position to call people out for their predictions when they themselves didn't predict anything. You can act all smug and say that you would have made a better prediction, but fact is you didn't so you don't get to call people out after the results are out, the situation would be different if you started calling out before the results were known (which makes me realize that I could in fact call out your meta predictions but whatever) but if as soon as we know the result you act as if you'd have done better then you should really just stop.

Make a prediction next month and if you're right you can call out people all you want.

And you really shouldn't get too full of yourself for getting the Ori score correct, doesn't mean you couldn't be completely off the mark with another game, has happened before plenty enough.

I think you aren't really understanding I WASNT calling out everyone only those "specific people"(I'm not going to talk about who are these people but it should be obvious).

Also there are people who are making similar predictions as me: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=206183&page=1                      Why don't you tell them that they are making unrealistic predictions for those games?

Proud to be a Californian.

Ryng_Tolu said:

SOFTWARE PREDICTION:

[BAT] 1,700,000 (PS4: 65%; XBO: 35%)
[TESO] 1,000,000 (XBO: 55%; PS4: 45%)
[SPLAT] 250,000

[BAT] 1,900,000, underestimated
[TESO] idk
[SPLAT] 290,000, underestimated