By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates over sexualization is really off putting imo (pics)

Anfebious said:
ToraTiger said:
Anfebious said:

You can literally put boobs into game and people will buy the game.  Sure you can call being in the present, but it's just a simple marketing ploy, and a very sleazy and basic one at that.  FE:A was the best selling for more reason than that, being the first game in the series in 5 years, all that SBB marketing, ect.  

It was only a matter of time, the new generic simplisic anime style just made the game looking more approachable 

I don't think the "new generic simplistic anime style" was the reason. Part of it was that the game offered a no permanent death mode making it more accessible to people who where reluctant to play it because of the permanent death system.

You are trying to relate the art style to it's sales but you are forgetting that people don't buy a game just to see a bunch of tits on a screen, they buy it to play the game.

If they really bought games for tits then Senran Kagura should be a trillion seller by now.

You think most newcomers are aware of the game at the deep a level? 

Sure getting rid of permadeath helped, but not as much as the art style, SSB promotion and advertising

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
ToraTiger said:
Anfebious said:

Final Fantasy has no sexualized females? Tifa, Quistis, Quina, Lulu? What the hell are you talking about? Sexualized females are a staple of the RPG genre. You just don't make an RPG without a hot chick.

MOST FINAL FANTASY GAMES. 

And FE was also an exception prior to awakening

Most Final Fantasy games HAVE "sexualized females". From FF VII all the way to XIV. In fact, if FF I through VI had a remake I'd bet the females would be hot as fuck.

Fact is, you will find more RPG's with "sexualized females" than not.

That still isn't most mate.  And in FF's case, there were usually a couple of sexualized females at most in the game.  Only one in 12 was Fran, and FF8 was the villian.

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

StokedUp said:
Woohoo more pics please!!

INB4 captain obvious says half of this is fanart 

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:
ElPresidente7 said:
tagged ...
hoping for more pics!

What does tagged mean/do? 

It attaches this thread to your VGChartz buddy ( Visible on a PC only ) and hence you can easily see when a new post has been posted in this thread .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Anfebious said:
ToraTiger said:
Anfebious said:
What's wrong with that? People always complain about Nintendo being stuck on the past and when they finally get their shit together they get criticized.

Fuck you Nintendo, whatever you do, just fuck you.

Getting their shit together?  They pretty much killed all of the aunthencity of an old franchise, completely changed the art, dumbed down all the plot, story and settings and just added in boobs.    This is literally an insult to original fans and doubt this will appeal to anyone but anime fans

Nintendo is still stuck in the past, they still don't even allow voicechat in some of their biggest releases online

FE Awakening is the best selling Fire Emblem game so Nintendo doesn't need to appeal to the original fans to sell this franchise anymore.  I think their new path is perfect, if you don't like it don't buy it.

Nintendo is always stuck on the past. But not with Fire Emblem. They know what people want in a FE game and it includes the words boobs.

It should also include the words "tactics" or "strategy". They forgot those ones.

I kind of agree with the OP. I have no problem with sexualized content in games like Senran Kagura, it's the point of the game. But putting naked girls in Fire Emblem to cover the fact that it's not a tactical game anymore, no. Fire Emblem is not an ecchi harem waifu simulator game, it's a tactical RPG. It would be good to have at least a little bit of that in the game, unlike Awakening.

It's cool to have FAP material in half of the threads about the game, but I would prefer to have threads like "How do you win that battle?" or "I can't win this battle without losing X character!". You know, tactics stuff. 

Around the Network

I don't really have an issue with it myself. It's an optional thing that is likely not needed to progress in the game, and it's something certain kinds of people can and will enjoy, so more power to them. I guess the main issue would be the game possibly been bumped up to M rated, which would not be good for sales for the game. I'm still interested in the game. The branching stories and vast amount of changes has me interested.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If it means anything to you, NoA will probably censor a good chunk of stuff when the game gets localized.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I would suggest you actually look up older Fire Emblem titles. Sonia and Lyndis wouldn't fall under "modestly dressed".

And honestly, I don't know of a greater insult to a character designer, writer, or creator than to say their characters exist solely for sexualization.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ultrashroomz said:
If it means anything to you, NoA will probably censor a good chunk of stuff when the game gets localized.

Hope so. AFAIK NoA even censored blood in Paper Mario TTYD. Well that is a Mario game but still..

A handheld gamer only (for now).

ToraTiger said:

That still isn't most mate.  And in FF's case, there were usually a couple of sexualized females at most in the game.  Only one in 12 was Fran, and FF8 was the villian.

I could be all day showing you RPG's that have "sexualized females" in them. If it really disgusts you then don't buy it mate. Not everyone can understand the complicated (and often misinterpreted) modern art of today.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"