By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are Nintendo's (affiliated) studios and partners up to? What can we expect for WiiU?

Awesome, was looking forward to this thread. Nice work!

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD

Around the Network

tagged. will read through all of those articles and posts. need to go to work for now. ;)

What can we expect for WiiU?

nothing that i want to play sadly. excluding already announced few games.

I don't exactly expect to have my mind blown. There's what we already know about, which isn't much, and otherwise Nintendo seems just about ready to bury the Wii U, so I highly doubt all their affiliated studios are trying their hardest to turn out some quality Wii U content. I'll eventually skim whatever you put here, but I expect everything beyond what has already been announced publicly and is at this point common knowledge will just be straight up guessing.

Baten Kaitos 3 ? It's possible ! https://www.change.org/p/bandai-namco-create-baten-kaitos-3?just_created=true

Around the Network

Thanks. It takes a bit of time to put it all together, especially when you've got REAL work to do

Hope you'll enjoy!

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

We can expect nothing because they're developing for the NX

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

LuckyTrouble said:
I don't exactly expect to have my mind blown. There's what we already know about, which isn't much, and otherwise Nintendo seems just about ready to bury the Wii U, so I highly doubt all their affiliated studios are trying their hardest to turn out some quality Wii U content. I'll eventually skim whatever you put here, but I expect everything beyond what has already been announced publicly and is at this point common knowledge will just be straight up guessing.

Yups, it's guessing, but by looking at what a developer has done in the past for Nintendo, we can get a clearer picture of whether we may still expect something or not from them on WiiU. Mostly this means that I can almost say without a doubt that certain games in certain franchises AREN'T coming to the console anymore. In those cases, that there is doubt, it means that we will most likely see a game from that studio in the next 2-3 years from a certain franchise, and then it all depends on whether WiiU will still be relevant after Summer 2016.

One spoiler: a lot of Nintendo's third party partners in Japan seem to have switched to developing for mobile phones, so WiiU's future in that respect at least is a bit bleak.

asqarkabab said:

Really? And Sony for instance didn't release games on PS3 when PS4 was already out there? Give me a break. There are still some unanounced games for WiiU out there from Nintendo. Not a whole lot, I give you that, but some at least.

MakeAccountLater said:
asqarkabab said:

Really? And Sony for instance didn't release games on PS3 when PS4 was already out there? Give me a break. There are still some unanounced games for WiiU out there from Nintendo. Not a whole lot, I give you that, but some at least.

The thing is, Nintendo has a habit of dropping support completely once new hardware comes out, which, to be fair, is common practice with first party development. The PS3 has only continued to get support from third party developers, which the Wii U isn't exactly rolling in support from.