By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How do you see Ms viewed by the World? good or bad?

Everyone hates MS and Billou!!!!

Around the Network

I think Microsoft's bad reputation comes from being such a company-oriented organization.

A comparison would be something like Apple, which is a consumer-driven organization. They base all their goals around pleasing the public, and to a large extent, its effective; people find their products to be user friendly, stylish and efficient. On the other hand, Apple seems to be have nearly zero dealings with other companies; it seems Jobs almost discourages any partnerships with other companies, as everything has to be done the Apple way, or its not done at all.

Now look at Microsoft; their OS is notoriously buggy, and even now, their products are notably less consumer-friendly than Macs/iPhones are. Microsoft's products are generally less stable (I've found Macs last forever, but PCs are prone to all sorts of issues much more rapidly. In addition, there's the 360's serious hardware fail rates, and so forth), and thus I don't think it's unreasonable for the average consumer to feel like Microsoft isn't really looking out for their needs. But when it comes to other companies? Microsoft is second to none. They make partnerships all over the place, and seem to be very well liked, in general, in the larger corporate world. This is precisely how Windows rose to prominence: it isn't that it was the only option (towards Mr. Stick, we wouldn't still be using DOS now. LOTS of competing products are and were available, including Mac OS and Linux), but that Microsoft managed to partner with IBM and several other early PC manufacturers and get their Operating System put on all the PCs these people manufactured.

And then, we came to a point where even with consumer issues, people had to say, "well, it's not my favorite OS, but all my coworkers use it, all my friends use it, and if I want to interact with them, I'll need to use it, too." That is unquestionably why I continue to use a Windows PC today (although I may switch to Linux soon). We see the same sort of things with the Xbox360: horrible customer service issues culminating with the RROD. But you konw what? Third party companies still seem to be lining up to put their games on the 360, and even if some consumers don't like the hardware or Microsoft, the games lineup is very appealing and for many is too attractive to ignore.

To summarize:

Apple has a less-stellar reputation in the corporate world, but a stellar reputation with consumers.
Microsoft has a less-stellar reputation with consumers, but a stellar reputation in the corporate world.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

pastro243 said:
Ok, I like Microsoft when it comes to Windows(except Vista), but I dislike what they do in the console market, they try to make a monopoly, entering every business and making small companies fail, making costumers chose them cuz they are the only choice there is(console market sys no, and I hope it will remain like that.).

Ok which small companies did Microsoft cause to fail in the console market? And isn't it every company's goal to be a success in whatever fields they enter?

daactualfact said:
It's like lately, Microsoft has been battling everyone! Sony, and google, (possibly Nintendo.) yahoo rejection. (bad) how does your country view ms? conartist, traitors, a great company? p.s.- are they like the World's 5th richest company?

troll? seriously, this thread fails.

EDIT: also I don't think anyone would care, although I do hate monopolies, AT&T is a bigger concern for me though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Most people in the world (and US) could care less. A lot of high tech people in the US (me included) are not too happy with MS and especially Vista.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

my dad loves vista and his laptop..... although at first he wanted XP and ordered an XP laptop first.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Using the term 'fail' is so 2005 and extremly childish.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

luckduck2 said:
I dont think japan likes m$, and its sad, cause their really missing out on some good games.
I don't know, house in Japan are essentially made out of paper, so they probably are not willing to risk their house catching on fire for a overheating console and a couple of games (the games you're thinking about probably arent even available in Japan)

OT: Microsoft is evil, they always will be, and while most of you think they've made great advances, think of how much farther we'd be if their was competition the whole way forcing MS to invest into some good products rather than releasing faulty everything.

Bodhesatva said:

I think Microsoft's bad reputation comes from being such a company-oriented organization.

A comparison would be something like Apple, which is a consumer-driven organization. They base all their goals around pleasing the public, and to a large extent, its effective; people find their products to be user friendly, stylish and efficient. On the other hand, Apple seems to be have nearly zero dealings with other companies; it seems Jobs almost discourages any partnerships with other companies, as everything has to be done the Apple way, or its not done at all.

Now look at Microsoft; their OS is notoriously buggy, and even now, their products are notably less consumer-friendly than Macs/iPhones are. Microsoft's products are generally less stable (I've found Macs last forever, but PCs are prone to all sorts of issues much more rapidly. In addition, there's the 360's serious hardware fail rates, and so forth), and thus I don't think it's unreasonable for the average consumer to feel like Microsoft isn't really looking out for their needs. But when it comes to other companies? Microsoft is second to none. They make partnerships all over the place, and seem to be very well liked, in general, in the larger corporate world. This is precisely how Windows rose to prominence: it isn't that it was the only option (towards Mr. Stick, we wouldn't still be using DOS now. LOTS of competing products are and were available, including Mac OS and Linux), but that Microsoft managed to partner with IBM and several other early PC manufacturers and get their Operating System put on all the PCs these people manufactured.

And then, we came to a point where even with consumer issues, people had to say, "well, it's not my favorite OS, but all my coworkers use it, all my friends use it, and if I want to interact with them, I'll need to use it, too." That is unquestionably why I continue to use a Windows PC today (although I may switch to Linux soon). We see the same sort of things with the Xbox360: horrible customer service issues culminating with the RROD. But you konw what? Third party companies still seem to be lining up to put their games on the 360, and even if some consumers don't like the hardware or Microsoft, the games lineup is very appealing and for many is too attractive to ignore.

To summarize:

Apple has a less-stellar reputation in the corporate world, but a stellar reputation with consumers.
Microsoft has a less-stellar reputation with consumers, but a stellar reputation in the corporate world.

What he said.

Bodhestava comes out of nowhere and wins the thread again. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/