By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you cheat to survive?

I kind of wonder how the game will save. Will it auto-save immediately after you make a decision to prevent reloading for a different outcome? Or will it auto-save after a series of events play out and you end up back at a point where you have a little breathing room? When I watched the developer talk from E3 for the game, I got the impression that they had set up the game in such a way that a decision, once made, had permanence. Even then, they basically said that you won't necessarily see the repercussions of say, picking left instead of right at a given point, until later on, so you may not even recognize that you made a regrettable decision.

Besides that, the developer said that a playthrough would only be upwards of nine hours long. I'm assuming that nine hours involves you not getting everybody killed within the first 25 minutes (if that's even possible), meaning that there is a lot of room for experimentation. Granted, the game could end up falling completely flat in this regard, but it has still piqued my curiosity.

Assuming save resetting is possible, I wouldn't bother. If my dumbass decisions get somebody killed, that's just a part of the game to deal with.

Around the Network

No, no cheating. Whatever happens happens.

This game kinda reminds me of Zero Escape in that matter, and I never cheated in that game either. Played it 5-6 times and always died in the end.

Not cheating just makes the game more fun and gives it extra replayability. Barring the game being a total disaster, I can see myself replaying it dozens of time.

Not cheating in games. Besides, I grew up with Nintendo hard games so games of today tend to be too easy to get tempted to.

Cheating death in real life, on the other hand....

How is it cheating if it's a feature built into the game? It's not like using cheat codes for infinite health or getting OP weapons or anything.

This game will be too scary for me I think. Somehow in my old age I've become less able to handle scary games and movies and such. Though I did watch the first 3 seasons of American Horror Story, trhough in the end they weren't all that horrific.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Also I thought this thread was a morality question like "If someone said you had to cheat on your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend or die what would you do?" Was kinda disappointed when it was merely an in game cheat thing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

No cheats, I'd probably only finish it once like Heavy Rain. I'm not interested in multiple endings, I'm interested in the ending that I got and that's how my story ended.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

binary solo said:

This game will be too scary for me I think. Somehow in my old age I've become less able to handle scary games and movies and such. Though I did watch the first 3 seasons of American Horror Story, trhough in the end they weren't all that horrific.

I wouldn't say old age, but I'm pushing 30... and I hear you man. When I watched It Follows a couple of months ago I thought my heart was going to malfunction. My wife couldn't stop laughing at me. Jump scares are starting to piss me off. So If it's a horror game/movie that's new to me, I'm genuinely afraid of getting a heart attack.

And it suck because I'm a huge fan of horror.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

That wouldn't be any fun. It removes the point of the game. It's much more interesting to see how it goes with the choices you make at the spot.

Naked lady wearing a bath towel. I'm going to save her

hatmoza said:
binary solo said:

I wouldn't say old age, but I'm pushing 30... and I hear you man. When I watched It Follows a couple of months ago I thought my heart was going to malfunction. My wife couldn't stop laughing at me. Jump scares are starting to piss me off. So If it's a horror game/movie that's new to me, I'm genuinely afraid of getting a heart attack.

And it suck because I'm a huge fan of horror.

Yeah, maybe it is the heart palpitations thing. The subconscious is telling me this stuff is heart attack material. I played PT, but only once and I didn't do it correctly to get the right ending. It was so fricken tense and I didn't play through again.

Jimi Hendrix