By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Its Time. Sony will put GEN 7 out of its misery this fall.

estebxx said:
BraLoD said:
Sony said this year they will continue to support the PS3 "for years to come".
This is a good way of keeping a stronger brand, as it's a way to go for a lot of people without the money to jump into a 8th gen console, what they need is to do a nice price cut on it and keep it there.

THIS.

giving the console such a long support for so many years is great for the brand, it surely gives me confidence when buying a PS that even the PS3 (the black ship of the PS console family) was strongly supported for such a long generation and its services (including FREE online) remained active for years after the gen ended, not to mention it still being supported by some 3rd parties not just with multiplats but exclusives as well.

I specified they would still produce and sell PS3s. Did people not read the OP?

I was just saying they should make the PS4 so compelling that people would upgrade en masse. CoD is the best franchise to do this with.

Again there is a big difference between Sony compelling consumers to upgrade, than to force them by stopping support for the PS3.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
estebxx said:

THIS.

giving the console such a long support for so many years is great for the brand, it surely gives me confidence when buying a PS that even the PS3 (the black ship of the PS console family) was strongly supported for such a long generation and its services (including FREE online) remained active for years after the gen ended, not to mention it still being supported by some 3rd parties not just with multiplats but exclusives as well.

I was just saying they should make the PS4 so compelling that people would upgrade en masse. CoD is the best franchise to do this with.

Again there is a big difference between Sony compelling consumers to upgrade, than to force them by stopping support for the PS3.

hhmm my bad, i thought it was implicit that by pushing the PS4 so much they would stop the support the PS3 still has.

I think they should re launch the vita... with a bigger screen/thinner body...... higher resolution screen and an updated ram/graphics card for 149.... WiFi and 249 4g lte, make it a tablet handheld.... compatible with all psp/PS V/ and pS one games, as well as psn games digitally

mM
BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

THIS.

Sony will keep it for a good while, they only dropped the PS2 a year before the PS4 came.

I know they need the money, but there should already have been a price cut, but they are probably planning a family price cut, and the PS4 should gave been holding it 'till now. Same goes for yhe Vita, should be getting a price cut soon.

i think the price cut hasnt happend and probably wont even happen due to the cell, that thing must be very expensive to produce... however i would like to be wrong on this one.

estebxx said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
estebxx said:

THIS.

hhmm my bad, i thought it was implicit that by pushing the PS4 so much they would stop the support the PS3 still has.

Ya, I can see that. My last paragraph I reference the PS3 still being an entry point for some consumers. This is all about Sony doing a full court press to get people to upgrade.

MS is trying to do this with BC. I think Sony can do it will a killer bundle like CoD that would resonate with GEN 7 gamers.

psn- tokila

Around the Network

If Sony had a 349 bundle for Black Friday alone Microsofts holiday season would be fucked. People love COD and will jump ship just for the next gen version of that game. Black Ops popularity is second only to Modern Warfare.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
If Sony had a 349 bundle for Black Friday alone Microsofts holiday season would be fucked. People love COD and will jump ship just for the next gen version of that game. Black Ops popularity is second only to Modern Warfare.

And we have a winner.

1st person to understand the point I was trying to make.

I agree a BF bundle would have a major impact, but I think they could really go for the jugular and make it a holiday bundle (and keep the price at 349 once the holiday ends).

psn- tokila

Why should they? the ps3 keeps selling not far away from xbox one

Ruler said:
Why should they? the ps3 keeps selling not far away from xbox one

why should they?

Do you really need to ask why they should give consumers a strong incentive to upgrade to a PS4? Or did you not read the OP either?

I guess alot of people read the subject line then skim the post or something.

psn- tokila

Hardware maybe, software will continue though. Still wondering if i should buy zesteria and P5 on PS3 or PS4.