By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

1st Party Exclusives 155 62.50%

3rd Party Exclusives 93 37.50%

Total:248

From my list: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7414163
-Final Fantasy- multiplat novv
-Star Ocean- Generally 3rd party exclusive
-Kingdom Hearts- Generally 3rd party exclusive apparently MP novv
-Tales Of- Generally 3rd party exclusive
-Infamous- 1st party
-Uncharted- 1st party
-Koei games: VVarriors, ROTK, Tactics, Kessen, NA - All 3rd party exclusive except vvarriors MP
-Disgaea- 3rd party exclusive
-Fallout- MP
-Dragon Quest- Generally exclusive but svvitches from Nintendo and Sony

So I guess mainly 3rd party exclusives. VVith 6/10.

Around the Network

Because I like games.

Looking at my games I don't think one was actually an exclusive.... No man's sky will probably be the first, tho that's also PC. What exclusives are ahead of us?

So yeah, definitely third party, but even more so the larger community that includes every console playing friend I have.

hhmmm good question, i do have played a lot of 3rd party exclusives and i like a lot of them, but there is also some 1rst party exclusives that i cant imagine not playing on an entire generation... i think its both with 3rd partys having a slight edge due to the simply big ammount of them.

Both .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Reason #1: Naughty Dog. Their games become instant classics as soon as they are announced.

Reason #2: Japanese support.

Reason #3: Nobody in my country plays on XBox. The Marketshare in Latin America is probably 9:1

Both, I've probably played more first party exclusives, but I've probably enjoyed the third party exclusives more, so it's pretty even.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Right now, it's for 1st party games almost entirely. 3rd party games I usually buy on PC and 3rd party exclusives are kinda rare these days. In the PS1/2 days though, it was a different story.

Signature goes here!

It's not specifically for 1st or 3rd party games. I'll be completely honest and say: it's because of trust. Trust that they will deliver great content. They have built a rapport with the PS1, PS2, and PS3, that as long as they keep it up, I'll probably get a PS5, PS6, PS7, etc. as well. Every PlayStation has hit all gaming tastes, from both 1st party and 3rd. So, I guess you could say, the "main reason" I own a PS console....is because it's a PS console. And that's not brand loyalty speaking. That's knowing what that name carries with it: the best games.

Both I guess. I mostly buy PS consoles because they haven't let me down before and they have a ton of good IPs and first party studios and they have good relations with a lot of 3rd parties and are likely to get a lot of good 3rd party exclusives. I bought a PS4 because of the E3 reveals of the consoles and because imo it's a much better console than the XB1 atm and will become even better as the generation goes on.