By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will You Be Angry If NX Is Only Moderately More Powerful Than Wii U?

I'd be disappointed, but not angry.. though being moderately stronger will make me question if I will purchase this system..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

The NX NEEDS to be at least as powerful as the Xbone in order to regain constant 3rd party games.

If it is as powerful as the Xbone then there is no reason it cant get multiplats apart from biased developers *cough* Ubisoft *cough*.

Seriously, I would love to play Witcher 3 on a Nintendo console.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

It would mean the death of Nintendo consoles.

I wont be mad.

I just wont buy it.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I could see this. They launch with a console at a $250 price point, and a handheld that is $180 and still keep the online free while significantly increasing their online capability. The NX console is halfway between the wii u and the ps4, and their handheld is about as strong as the wii u. They are producing games targeting the handheld, and then upgrade the graphics to 1080p / 60 fps along with some better graphical effects,  which also ensures a steady supply of games and it's crossbuy. If they do all this, I could see this thing taking off.

3rd parties are nice, but they are not make or break in my opinion. They are too unreliable.

Around the Network

Yes because that would be a pointless console. Even though I do not prioritize power, I expect at least some improvement over what I already have. There needs to be an option for a home system that's at least in the ballpark of the competition as well. If this would be a portable console, that's fine, but I only see the point in hooking it up to a tv if that would noticably improve what I see on my handheld screen. If it doesn't, it would remain a feature mostly unused by me.

S.Peelman said:
Yes because that would be a pointless console. Even though I do not prioritize power, I expect at least some improvement over what I already have. There needs to be an option for a home system that's at least in the ballpark of the competition as well. If this would be a portable console, that's fine, but I only see the point in hooking it up to a tv if that would noticably improve what I see on my handheld screen. If it doesn't, it would remain a feature mostly unused by me.

I guess Wii was pointless as well

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
S.Peelman said:

I guess Wii was pointless as well

Like I said, 'some' improvement. Besides definitely being somewhat more powerful, Wii had a pretty clear new type of technology with compelling software advantages. NX being just a portable WiiU with it's only a bit more RAM isn't going to bring it.

Maraccuda said:
The NX NEEDS to be at least as powerful as the Xbone in order to regain constant 3rd party games.

If it is as powerful as the Xbone then there is no reason it cant get multiplats apart from biased developers *cough* Ubisoft *cough*.

Seriously, I would love to play Witcher 3 on a Nintendo console.

Oh yeah, Ubisoft is biased *cough*AC III *cough* AC IV: BF *cough* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist *cough cough* Rayman Legends *cough cough* Watch Dogs *cough cough* Child Of Light (Dies of coughing).

I won't buy it cause I'm disappointed with my Wii U.