By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3rd Parties in 2007

What third parties are poised for banner years in 2007?

My lists go something like this...based on 2007 performance compared to normal performance

American Market:

Activision-Ubisoft-Capcom

Japanese Market:

Square-Enix, Capcom, Konami

European Market:

Ubisoft-Sega-Activision

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

I think EA might have a great year, it looks like they're going to try to push Harry Potter for Wii (c'mon, using the wiimote as a wand? ^_^) and MySims out for Wii as well, if they push marketing on both, I think they could do exponentially well this year. :) This is, of course, besides the fact that their "next gen" sports games will be improved upon last year as well, with higher install bases to sell to.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Yes, EA seem to be ahead of the curve with the Wii (they are producing / have in development some Wii games that aren't simply shoehorned onto the platfrom) so I predict they will have a good year. MySims looks an essential purchase and the dancing game has lots of potential.

You guys have more faith in EA than I do..that's for sure.. I think GH III and DDR Hot Mix and the other (rumoured) big music game have much more potential than Boogie. EA I think is going to set itself up so that 360 is it's primary platform, with Wii as Xbox last generation (with motion-sensing, not Good Online/Live as the differentiation feature), meaning Wii will see good sales for games suited for it's features doing fairly well..and the rest..not so much. EA + PS3 in America is interesting to me because it tests familiarity/brand loyalty vs. price/smallest userbase.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I'd like to see some new developers get into the mix. Hopefully the lower development costs of the Wii and DS will let some new blood get into the mix with fresh ideas.

Around the Network

Third parties could come out well on the Wii this year, EA with My Sims, Sega with Nights, Konami with Dewey, Capcom with its Wii RE's, Squeenix with its Draon Quest, but it all depends if they do what they need to do on their quality

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I don't care which ones do good, just make me some good games. I have a lot of games I'm looking forward to for the Wii, don't let me down when the reviews roll by 3rd parties.