By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: young Han Solo spinoff film announced

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
you guys are a bunch of negative nancies! I say bring it on as it's a cool character with an interesting yet unexplored past! The less we know about a character's past the better imo because it gives the storytellers more freedom and keeps the audience in more suspense as they don't know the bullets that are going to be hit just the end.

I am a little concerned about who they cast as young Han Solo though. It's not just because about the acting, but I think whoever takes Han's role must look similar to Harrison Ford, as not to break the magic and kill the illusion. That is why I think Samuel L. Jackson should be young Han Solo. Mr. Jackson with a wig could do the trick and pass as someone else (young Han) and differentiate himself to Mace Windu at the same time.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
you guys are a bunch of negative nancies! I say bring it on as it's a cool character with an interesting yet unexplored past! The less we know about a character's past the better imo because it gives the storytellers more freedom and keeps the audience in more suspense as they don't know the bullets that are going to be hit just the end.

I am a little concerned about who they cast as young Han Solo though. It's not just because about the acting, but I think whoever takes Han's role must look similar to Harrison Ford, as not to break the magic and kill the illusion. That is why I think Samuel L. Jackson should be young Han Solo. Mr. Jackson with a wig could do the trick and pass as someone else (young Han) and differentiate himself to Mace Windu at the same time.

AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS SOLO WHEN SHOOT FIRST UPON THEE!

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

"HUTTESE MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT!?"

AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  I HAVE HAD IT...WITH THESE MOTHERFUGIN SITH...IN THIS MOTHERFUGIN GALAXY!

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  I HAVE HAD IT...WITH THESE MOTHERFUGIN SITH...IN THIS MOTHERFUGIN GALAXY!

CALL THE MILLENIUM FALCON "JUNK" AGAIN!

SAY... JUNK.. AGAIN!

SAY JUNK AGAIN, I DARE YOU!

I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!

SAY JUNK ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

CALL THE MILLENIUM FALCON "JUNK" AGAIN!

SAY... JUNK.. AGAIN!

SAY JUNK AGAIN, I DARE YOU!

I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!

SAY JUNK ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!

well shit now I just wanna see them make a big spoof of this.  I'm playing LEGO Marvel and they keep referencing his movies with Nick Fury quotes which I find hilarious.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Mystery is good for a character's background. I don't need to know Darth Vader used to say "Yipppppie!" when he was 9-years-old. Or was a whiny brat as a teenager. I don't need to see Boba Fett as a snotty nosed little kid. That didn't enhance the character in any way for me. 

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

well shit now I just wanna see them make a big spoof of this.  I'm playing LEGO Marvel and they keep referencing his movies with Nick Fury quotes which I find hilarious.

Samuel L. Jackson's quotes are indeed hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLe54UPOeXw

Soundwave said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Mystery is good for a character's background. I don't need to know Darth Vader used to say "Yipppppie!" when he was 9-years-old. Or was a whiny brat as a teenager. I don't need to see Boba Fett as a snotty nosed little kid. That didn't enhance the character in any way for me. 

I get what you mean, I was against Hannibal Rising and how it slimmed down everything that Hannibal was to a single event, instead of leaving his character as a deep and puzzling character that one cannot figure out.

Just like The Dark Knight's Joker would raise so many questions about him that would have no answer and one of those being how he got his faced scarred which then served somehow as a sadistic element for him to lie again and again while not addressing what really happened to him. It's almost like him telling everyone his background story doesn't matter but what he respresents now and what he is now: The Joker.

But then you have the Hannibal TV Series and the masterful way in which they approached Hannibals background story and that makes me feel what I posted before:

AbbathTheGrim said:
When it comes to things like this I am always in the "as long as I like how they do it it's ok" bandwagon.

So to me it is a situation of seeing whether they do a great work with Han's character and his story or not, which judging by the first films has a lot of interesting things that could be told: adventures, his work, screwing Jabba the Hutt, meeting Chewie, the Millenium Falcon, etc. 

They could be great films or they could suck, we'll see.

Soundwave said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

there's a simple solution to avoid the mistakes of the prequels.  Don't take it back to their childhood (unless it's a quick flashback that explains their motivations or something).  Oh and don't let Hayden Christensen play their older versions.

I am Iron Man

LipeJJ said:
Let the milking begin!

qft