By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Witcher 3 dominates on the PS4. Sells 1.7 million day one (all platforms).

nothing to say here other than it's undertracked and that the pc version outsold the xbox version.

Around the Network

Most games are showing PS4 in the 50-60% bracket... I think it's now obvious that outside of the UK the XBO is doing dire.... probably the reason why we haven't had a sales update since last years nearly 10m shipped figure.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

What a shame when it comes to that exclusive marketing deal. The division between the sales is ridiculous, and they no doubt wasted every dollar in that marketing deal.

Wagram said:
What a shame when it comes to that exclusive marketing deal. The division between the sales is ridiculous, and they no doubt wasted every dollar in that marketing deal.

yeah after seeing PS4 dominate the way it has companies like Activision and Ubisoft probably didn't need a whole lot of incentive to switch the marketing for their big exclusives.  Far more to be gained there.

I am Iron Man

Angelv577 said:
nothing to say here other than it's undertracked and that the pc version outsold the xbox version.

Lol wow pc outsold xb1? I can see why ms is wanting to get back into pc gaming.

Around the Network
Tyritorious said:
I do recall seeing a lot of Witcher 3 ads on TV. If you compare the week to week console sales, Xbox One increased more percentage-wise than Playstation 4, despite being well behind software sales of the game. So the marketing deal did have some effect, it's just that there are certain genres that do better on certain platforms and RPGs with sandbox elements tend to do better on PS4 than XB1.

We do know that The Witcher 3 sold 4 million copies in 2 weeks, and that PC accounted for about 1.36 million.
source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/06/09/the-witcher-3-sold-4-million-copies-in-two-weeks/

I'm quite impressed by the PS4 numbers, but I expect PC to have majority market share next year.

Yes, but I think the Witcher 3 solidified that the PS4 is the home console for WRPGs. The past 2 gens MS consoles owned the Genre.

I was already thinking this to be the case of Dragon Age: Inquistion's sales, but this just confirms it to me. I am curious how Fallout 4 does. If FO4 sell much better on the PS4 despite the marketing deals it will be end of MS getting any deals(unless they want to pay out of the ass for them) for WRPGs.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

No idea whether this is a best topic for this, but...

Witcher 3 did 260k combined in Poland until the end of June.

Source: http://www.ppe.pl/news-38294-cd_projekt_red_podal_wynik_wiedzmin_3__dziki_gon_w_polsce___ponad_200_tysiecy_pudelek_.html

They said it crossed 6 million already...