By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Now turned my awful Samsung Smart TV into a fun gaming system

When I tried PSNow the lag made AAA games pretty much unplayable. I tried out some of the indie titles and they ran well, but trying to play an FPS was like driving a tank. Ill try again now that I have a better internet connection.

I wonder when Sony will release a PC client.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
outlawauron said:

Uh, you're talking about a hobby based on luxuries. Gaming (traditionally) isn't a hobby for people without a lot of disposable income. There's a reason why they have expensive TVs in stores.....

That's false, gaming has never been a luxury, otherwise it wouldn't be such a strong children's medium. Even the poor people in poor countries can manage with old PCs and consoles and a little help from piracy. The really expensive TVs in stores are indeed for people with a little more money, but that ain't got much to do with gaming, as any HDTV will do, and it often does. 

It's moved past the time where it's a hobby for children. I would hope that that much would be seen as prices go up (not that the traditional market/mindset goes away completely) and that every new feature has to do with HD, VR, 3D, or Internet Streaming.

(and gaming is by definition a luxury and will always be regardless of the barrier to entry)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.