By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trouble with Wii U Port of Mighty No. 9?

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Look up Divinity: Original Sin.

Stop hiding behind the indie game excuse.

Are you going to keep bashing the game and its dev until the end of time?

Do you even know why you're still doing it at this point? 

I'm giving reasons thus not bashing.

You're behaviour to just about everyone here is getting obnoxious. Stop with your constant ad hominems to everyone. But hey, you got away with saying Nintendo has the worst fans on this site without getting banned even though I pmed a mod about it (who ignored me of course).

Stating the truth will likely get me banned again, not that it matters.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

You're behaviour to just about everyone here is getting obnoxious. Stop with your constant ad hominems to everyone. But hey, you got away with saying Nintendo has the worst fans on this site without getting banned even though I pmed a mod about it (who ignored me of course).

What truth? You have no idea what the nature of their difficulty was when porting the game to Wii U. You are just bashing the game for the sake of it at this point. There's a name for what you've been doing here for quite a few comments and it's also against the rules. But so far, you've managed to get away with it. Let's just say that ad nauseum are the latin words to describe part of it. 

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

I was referring to comcept............

and inafune is a veteran in the games industry, but I don't remember a single wii u title he worked on, do you?

Given how the game is coming out to 10 different platforms, while also having a limited team wouldn't it make sense that it wouldn't look nearly as great as wii u exclusive indies. But that doesn't mean their lazy, they're just working under different circumstances.

I don't remember a single PS4 game he worked on, do you? Comcept is also filled with veterans of the industry.

Look at Playtonic Games, their game looks better after only 3 months of work.

When given the resources of the hardware manufacturer though, he has put this out on a handheld with Comcept:

Resources are key regardless of experience (inc Game Engines). Single platform development also greatly helps. Especially if one of the platforms has a significant disadvantage in it's architechture. 

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Look up Divinity: Original Sin.

Stop hiding behind the indie game excuse.

I've given up the debate with him dude. I've tried to look at things and phrase them from a developer standpoint, from a business perpective, and from a consumer perspective. But some people just don't like this game and want to call the developers stupid and lazy. At this point, nothing I say will change anything about that. Just my thoughts before you continue this thread

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

What truth? You have no idea what the nature of their difficulty was when porting the game to Wii U. You are just bashing the game for the sake of it at this point. There's a name for what you've been doing here for quite a few comments and it's also against the rules. But so far, you've managed to get away with it. Let's just say that ad nauseum are the latin words to describe part of it. 

I was speaking of a different truth. Where the mods obviously protect you for your obnoxious behaviour. You know full well what I'm talking about. You or Truckosaurus deleted all the evidence though, how convenient. ;)

I'm stating my opinion on how terrible this game looks even though it set a record for how much money it collected on KS. Sorry for expecting more, apparently that's me "bashing". You're the one bashing me here. And it's ad nauseam, learn Latin or don't use it.

Mod edit:

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

I was speaking of a different truth. Where the mods obviously protect you for your obnoxious behaviour. You know full well what I'm talking about. You or Truckosaurus deleted all the evidence though, how convenient. ;)

I'm stating my opinion on how terrible this game looks even though it set a record for how much money it collected on KS. Sorry for expecting more, apparently that's me "bashing". You're the one bashing me here. And it's ad nauseam, learn Latin or don't use it.

@bolded: And you call me obnoxious. xD That's rich.

As for what you're referring to about me and Truck, I have no idea what you're trying to push here. But I am quite sure it has no relevance to the topic here.
I suspect it may have to do with how I felt about some members of the Nintendo fanbase on VGC. Well, a lot of the people among that very fanbase would have much to say as well regarding some of their own "members". So that isn't saying much. 

As for the rest, I will do as I always do when it comes to you after a while and just leave you with your monologue and agenda. 

Everyone: please attempt to be as civil as possible with each other. If someone breaks the rules, report him or her. If someone says something provocative, please practice caution and try to be the bigger person.

I don't want to see any more personal attacks, or any more flame bait.

Thank you.

BasilZero said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Welp.

Better get the PS4 version.

Lol

I'm getting it for Steam :O

Maybe they were trying to do something with the gamepad but it was hard to program it in but eventually they did? Who knows - at least the game is coming , be happy about that.

Steam version would be nice as well.

I love that figurine that comes with the signature edition, though.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
BasilZero said:

Lol

I'm getting it for Steam :O

Maybe they were trying to do something with the gamepad but it was hard to program it in but eventually they did? Who knows - at least the game is coming , be happy about that.

Steam version would be nice as well.

I love that figurine that comes with the signature edition, though.

But the Wii U version might end up being just as good as the other versions. They're only saying they had difficulties doing the port. Not that the port won't be on par.

The again, maybe it won't be on par, who knows. But right now, that's not what they're indicating.

Hynad said:

But the Wii U version might end up being just as good as the other versions. They're only saying they had difficulties doing the port. Not that the port won't be on par.

Maybe it won't be on par, who knows. But right now, that's not what they're indicating.

That is true, but when I look at other Wii U ports, like some of the FIFA games, Watch Dogs, and the fact that the porting process of Project Cars hasn't been too successful, that's what makes me a little paranoid on how the port of No. 9 will turn out.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."