By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do You Love Final Fantasy Tactics?

I love it because when I first played it I didn't know you had more than the 2 main characters. I thought it was a really hard game, so I kept at it with the 2 characters until I finally won. Then my friend told me about how to get the other characters onto the battlefield. I felt like a badass though.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

FFT is one of my five favorite games ever and it's in the running for the top spot.

I've spent so much time in that game. Three perfect saves and a slew of partials. I spent more time in Deep Dungeon farming rare weapons than in most other games, period. I bought it because it had Final Fantasy on the cover but I absolutely fell in love with it in its own right. That cover, by the way, was fucking awesome, as was the music.

Honestly, I've never played a game that reminded me more of chess, which I love. That, and trying to get everything in the game is such a challenge and takes so much effort.

I love the depth of the story, as well, with all the political subterfuge and personal tragedies. It's amazingly brutal for such a cute game. It reminds me a bit of Suikoden 2 in that regard, though it's much more harsh. The characters are excellent, as well, and each one has their own dilemmas to face.

It's funny, but I can remember when I first played it, how I was disappointed with it and frustrated because I didn't understand what the heck I was doing. Now, if you said I could only have one game to play for the rest of my life, it would probably be FFT.

In other Final Fantasies you are like: chocobos are so cute, I wanna pet them, but then in FFT, after you level up and you get into a random encounter and you see them standing for a fight then you are like: fuck, a chocbono. :S

Unless you get to fight the Red Chocobo in FFXII, that one can give you a good scare (if you have the patience to find it)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I played it a while ago after I finished Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I'm currently playing Disgaea 4. Guess I developed a taste for this genre, and by extension Final Fantasy: Tactics, because it challenges more than just the player's dexterity.

.- -... -.-. -..

I was just thinking a couple of minutes ago that I'd love to see a new game of the FF tactics series. FF tactics Advance was the first Final Fantasy game I bought and played. I thought that it was going to be turn-based like the ones my brother played but to my surprise,  the battle system was quite different. 

Edit: Does anyone know if the Android version of "The war of the lions"  has the same lagging issues of the psp version? 

Around the Network

finalrpgfantasy said: 

Edit: Does anyone know if the Android version of "The war of the lions"  has the same lagging issues of the psp version?

I don't think so but I never played the Android version... the translation is better than original btw.

It's the reason I got a playstation as a kid. Despite the so-so translation, the story had me so engrossed that I really, really worked to keep progressing through that game lol

Ramza and Delita's friendship being torn apart by social strife was rather wrenching, and I've never felt more anger than when that SON OF A BITCH (lulz) that we rescued, Algus I think his name was, went and killed Delita's sister Teta.

You got to see medieval life (and strife) from nearly every angle, and each argument was presented. There were the desperate poor who were treated like animals and fought to improve their lives and standing, but often wound up committing their own atrocities in pursuit of their goals. There were the mercenaries like Gafgarion, who was akin to Callicles in his "take-what-you-can" mentality, fighting only for coin but astutely pointing out that things had always been this way and they were merely a symptom, not a cause. The redeeming potential of the gentry were present in characters like Agrias, who valued honor and loyalty over power even when her superiors didn't. The potential for the corruption of the Church and its application as a tool for achieving power is a theme present throughout. Even those wealthy rulers who were manipulating all of this from behind the scenes had their moment on the podium, referencing that ancient concept of the "Wheel of Fortune" and that you either played the game or lost.

I think what was most endearing was the gradual loss of naivety that Ramza underwent as he learned just how imperfect the world around him was and that even his closest relatives were flawed and untrustworthy. Being only a kid when I played it, I think the timing could not have been better as I was undergoing the same process myself lol

Still, despite all the noise and contrasting views presented to him, Ramza's decision to simply protect his friends and side with his conception of "justice" in all engagements made you really want to see the story through. I recall that they made a version for the PSP where the dialogue was almost Shakespearean, it's one of the main reasons I bought the PSP heh (along with FF I and FF II I think). From what I recall I didn't play very far into it as I got distracted though... I might go play that right now heh

So yes, FF Tactics remains one of my top all time games. In regards to FF I'd put it right there with FF IX and FF VI.

pokoko said:
FFT is one of my five favorite games ever and it's in the running for the top spot.

I've spent so much time in that game. Three perfect saves and a slew of partials. I spent more time in Deep Dungeon farming rare weapons than in most other games, period. I bought it because it had Final Fantasy on the cover but I absolutely fell in love with it in its own right. That cover, by the way, was fucking awesome, as was the music.

Honestly, I've never played a game that reminded me more of chess, which I love. That, and trying to get everything in the game is such a challenge and takes so much effort.

I love the depth of the story, as well, with all the political subterfuge and personal tragedies. It's amazingly brutal for such a cute game. It reminds me a bit of Suikoden 2 in that regard, though it's much more harsh. The characters are excellent, as well, and each one has their own dilemmas to face.

It's funny, but I can remember when I first played it, how I was disappointed with it and frustrated because I didn't understand what the heck I was doing. Now, if you said I could only have one game to play for the rest of my life, it would probably be FFT.

Ohhhhhh left one enemy alive to walk all the map to find the Cloud's best weapon was so fun.

Johnw1104 said:
It's the reason I got a playstation as a kid. Despite the so-so translation, the story had me so engrossed that I really, really worked to keep progressing through that game lol

Ramza and Delita's friendship being torn apart by social strife was rather wrenching, and I've never felt more anger than when that SON OF A BITCH (lulz) that we rescued, Algus I think his name was, went and killed Delita's sister Teta.

You got to see medieval life (and strife) from nearly every angle, and each argument was presented. There were the desperate poor who were treated like animals and fought to improve their lives and standing, but often wound up committing their own atrocities in pursuit of their goals. There were the mercenaries like Gafgarion, who was akin to Callicles in his "take-what-you-can" mentality, fighting only for coin but astutely pointing out that things had always been this way and they were merely a symptom, not a cause. The redeeming potential of the gentry were present in characters like Agrias, who valued honor and loyalty over power even when her superiors didn't. The potential for the corruption of the Church and its application as a tool for achieving power is a theme present throughout. Even those wealthy rulers who were manipulating all of this from behind the scenes had their moment on the podium, referencing that ancient concept of the "Wheel of Fortune" and that you either played the game or lost.

I think what was most endearing was the gradual loss of naivety that Ramza underwent as he learned just how imperfect the world around him was and that even his closest relatives were flawed and untrustworthy. Being only a kid when I played it, I think the timing could not have been better as I was undergoing the same process myself lol

Still, despite all the noise and contrasting views presented to him, Ramza's decision to simply protect his friends and side with his conception of "justice" in all engagements made you really want to see the story through. I recall that they made a version for the PSP where the dialogue was almost Shakespearean, it's one of the main reasons I bought the PSP heh (along with FF I and FF II I think). From what I recall I didn't play very far into it as I got distracted though... I might go play that right now heh

So yes, FF Tactics remains one of my top all time games. In regards to FF I'd put it right there with FF IX and FF VI.

From story standpoint it remembers me the actual Games of Thrones books but in my view FFT is a bit more deep and come fist lol

The original transalation didn't help the game btw :(

I'm also in the camp that likes FFTA a bit more than FFT. Both are great games, but just loved the classes/races/combat better in FFTA.