By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will NX be an 8th generation console?

What gen will the Nintendo NX be a part of?

8th gen 71 25.45%

8.5th gen 100 35.84%

9th gen 108 38.71%

Total:279
Esiar said:
vivster said:

Doesn't really matter what we think. As long as there are enough people pretending it's 9th gen it will be 9th gen.

Technologically it will be 8th gen, much like Wii U is 7th gen from a power and feature standpoint.

I wouldn't say Wii U is 7th from that pespective, more like a 7.5. If Wii U launched in 2006 it would be even more expensive than the PS3.

Wii U hardware couldn't even exist in 2006, or 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Around the Network
heavenharp said:
Esiar said:

I wouldn't say Wii U is 7th from that pespective, more like a 7.5. If Wii U launched in 2006 it would be even more expensive than the PS3.

I think, 2010? I remember reading that one of the parts became available in 2010.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Esiar said:
heavenharp said:

I think, 2010? I remember reading that one of the parts became available in 2010.

sounds about right. and would cost $399+

Early Wii U dev kits were running a 4850 GPU (which actually is more powerful than the GPU in the Wii U).

That's a GPU from 2008, but it also runs at 100 watts+.

heavenharp said:

It will be a 9th gen, regardless of haters whining otherwise.

And it won't be very soon. if it's wii u's sucessor and comes in 2017, the timing will be just right. if it comes 2016, it's just one year sooner than usual and nothing unheard of (xbox360, nds...). the competitors probably won't wait more than two years to release their consoles to compete with it.

Hi zero. Did you purchased Wii U yet? Why do you hate Wii U. Is price is high in Brazil? Or do you hate youself?

If you are not zero igone the comment. Lol. Ha ha ha.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
heavenharp said:

And it won't be very soon. if it's wii u's sucessor and comes in 2017, the timing will be just right. if it comes 2016, it's just one year sooner than usual and nothing unheard of (xbox360, nds...). the competitors probably won't wait more than two years to release their consoles to compete with it.

Hi zero. Did you purchased Wii U yet? Why do you hate Wii U. Is price is high in Brazil? Or do you hate youself?

I do not hate wii u but it seems that you hate yourself and are severily lacking in the logic department after writing the nonsensical port above.

heavenharp said:
daredevil.shark said:
heavenharp said:

I do not hate wii u but it seems that you hate yourself and are severily lacking in the logic department after writing the nonsensical port above.

Lol. Poor guy. Can't afford Wii U yet loves to talk about it. You deserve a Nobel prize for this dedication.

daredevil.shark said:
heavenharp said:

Lol. Poor guy. Can't afford Wii U yet loves to talk about it. You deserve a Nobel prize for this dedication.

you deserve the darwin prize for the above post. even funnier how you speak without any knowledge.

heavenharp said:
daredevil.shark said:

you deserve the darwin prize for the above post. even funnier how you speak without any knowledge.

Thank you good sir. But I do have a life. So I don't make alts. Lol. Have fun.

heavenharp said:

There isnt going to be a PS5 before 2019... Its too succesfull atm, to be replaced that early unless theres a need for it.