By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: The NX home console will be weaker than the xbox one

NX weaker than the xbox one?

True 152 56.72%

False 116 43.28%

Total:268
daredevil.shark said:
Nvidia shield console has 700 gflop power (approximately half of Xbox One power) and costs $199.

It also doesn't have Nintendo's software to boost profits, making them charge a lot more than the shield is worth probably to make money.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

generic-user-1 said:

why should the nx be as strong as the wiiu? the gap from wiiu to xbone isnt that huge.(or nintendo devs are way better than m$ devs).
and end 2016 we could see smartphones that are stronger than the xbone...

GPU wise:

Wii U  = 5 CUs (320 ALUs) @ 550mhz , 8 ROPS, 16 TMUs, 0.35 TFLOPS, 4.4 GPix/s, 8.8 GTex/s, 12.8GB/s DDR3, eDRAM (32MB).

Xbox1 = 12 CUs (768 ALUs) @853MHz , 16 ROPS, 48 TMUs, 1.31 TFLOPS, 13.6 GPix/s, 40.9 GTex/s, 68GB/s DDR3, eSRAM (32MB).

*could be wrong, this is just from a quick googleing.

GPU is like 3.7x as powerfull, 5.3x memory bandwidth (without factoring in the eDRAM vs eSRAM).

rtphones that are stronger than the xbone...

I dont even.... how do you reponde to something like this?

Do you actually believe what you just wrote?

a 28nm chip today that uses 110 watts while gameing (xbox one)... isnt suddenly going to be made into a 3-4watt Phone chip..... within 1 year.

Even with the jump from 28nm -> 16nm with FinFETs being a big one.... its not going to give you double rainbows and miracles like that.

------

those are amds, they are basicly heater that can surf the web.        and its not within one year, more like 5...(shorter r&d time for mobile ships, xbone liftetime, etc+ the time amd is behind the market)

Also you wrote 2016.... thats 1 year from now, not 5.

But it doesnt matter, because even 5 years from now it still wont be true.

Even 5 years from now,... you wont see a Smart phone stronger than a Xbox One.
I just dont believe that possible.

JRPGfan said:

Also you wrote 2016.... thats 1 year from now, not 5.

But it doesnt matter, because even 5 years from now it still wont be true.

Even 5 years from now,... you wont see a Smart phone stronger than a Xbox One.
I just dont believe that possible.

yes, but the tech in the xbone isnt new...

but you could be right, we may not see smartphones as strong as the xbone next year but thats because of consumer demand and not because the tech isnt there and cheap.  they were half the way in 2013, and the "new" tegra x1 should be realy close.  the next gen of tegra will b stronger than the xbone...

I would like Nintendo to release a console around 50% to 100% more powerful than the PS4! at least in therms of GPU and memory bandwidth!

That would bring in third parties — do not forget that all devs are much geekier than tech enthousiasts can be, they love a better machine — and many console gamers who just want the best third party titles (obviously Nintendo would have to offer some enticing networking and benefical deals with the publishers for the business oriented people to get in... EA/Activiaion and Ubi mainly..)

Around the Network

Ouch! I hope it's not true. If it is, the $149 launch price better be as well.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

generic-user-1 said:
JRPGfan said:

yes, but the tech in the xbone isnt new...

but you could be right, we may not see smartphones as strong as the xbone next year but thats because of consumer demand and not because the tech isnt there and cheap.  they were half the way in 2013, and the "new" tegra x1 should be realy close.  the next gen of tegra will b stronger than the xbone...

Watch this in 1080p mode:

Compaire the graphics of both.... PS4 looks a million times better.

Tegra X1 uses 10-12 watts to do this

Its too much for a smart phone... it might even be too much for a tablet.... this chip will end up inside cars (more or less only).

There is more to this than just nvidia theortical compute power numbers.

Tegra X1 is no where near as powerfull as the Xbox One or PS4.

We will wont see a "smart phone" thats equal to a console within 5 years.. why? becasue theres no way to do it at 3-4watts.

If you made a Bigger Tegra X1,... maybe say = 30watts (heavly overclock it), and add in much faster ram (more power hungry).... you could come close, but it would probably still be weaker than the Xbox One (and it would require you to re-design the chip, bigger bus (to use better ram) => more power used).

If the Wii was a GameCube with a motion controller, NX will be a Wii U without the gamepad, but this time, they will use cheaper and easier to make components, not as customizable as past gens. Soundwave mentioned an interesting idea to use mobile chips in order to scale the software output between devices.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Metroid33slayer said:
daredevil.shark said:
Nvidia shield console has 700 gflop power (approximately half of Xbox One power) and costs $199.

We all know nintendo would sell the same thing at a much higher price to maximise profits. When "Nintendofied" a $199 piece of tech would become $299.

I've never been able to understand how there is people who actually applaud this philosophy. At the beginning of this generation my least favorite company was Microsoft, but I think Nintendo is rapidly taking that spot. Just because of their refusal to drop the price for the Wii U.

If the NX is a home console, I could see that happening, but I don't really think so, myself

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]